Pit Bull tears off baby boy's testicles

Look, I don't have a problem with you. Well, at least I didn't until you said I look like a fucking idiot. I just can't stand it when people care more about an animal's well being than that of a human. There is something seriously wrong with the way the Western world thinks about dogs. I can't believe anyone would hear this story, or any of the others that happen on a constant basis and think the dogs are the ones we need to look out for.

How many of these kinds of horrific preventable nightmares need to happen before people start to wake up?

I agree with you to a certain extent, I just think saying people who see things differently "deserve to have something bad happen to them" is a bit of a stretch. Either way, this story is fucked. I have a pit, and even though she is fairly docile, I would not leave a child (hell, even a 8 or 9 year old) unattended with her.

A wise man once said: if a big animal had the chance it wouldn't take another glance....IT WOULD EAT YOU UP! :P

I'm so happy to hear that you wouldn't leave a child unattended with her....I'm not being facetious, that makes me REALLY happy and validates this whole thread.

This is something I am very passionate about. I am not backwards and misinformed as Allison puts it. I can pull out statistics and post links to biased websites too, but at the end of the day it's usually these types of dogs that attack and do the most damage.

I asked if you (Allison) have children because I wanted to know if you would leave them alone with dogs....ANY kind.

I sincerely hope not.

I also agree with it being the mother's fault completely. If you take anything away from all of this is should be: Don't EVER leave children unattended around dogs.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you to a certain extent, I just think saying people who see things differently "deserve to have something bad happen to them" is a bit of a stretch. Either way, this story is fucked. I have a pit, and even though she is fairly docile, I would not leave a child (hell, even a 8 or 9 year old) unattended with her.

A wise man once said: if a big animal had the chance it wouldn't take another glance....IT WOULD EAT YOU UP! :P

I'm so happy to hear that you wouldn't leave a child unattended with her....I'm not being facetious, that makes me REALLY happy and validates this whole thread.

This is something I am very passionate about. I am not backwards and misinformed as Allison puts it. I can pull out statistics and post links to biased websites too, but at the end of the day it's usually these types of dogs that attack and do the most damage.

I asked if you (Allison) have children because I wanted to know if you would leave them alone with dogs....ANY kind.

I sincerely hope not.

I also agree with it being the mother's fault completely. If you take anything away from all of this is should be: Don't EVER leave children unattended around dogs.

i have said multiple times to NEVER leave a child with a dog unattended - especially two dogs. whereas a dog might behave one way alone, pack mentality and dog aggression may rear their ugly head when they're with another dog, and things that are out of character for that dog might occur.

the fact that he wouldn't leave his kid alone with his pit does nothing to validate what you say, as i too would not leave my dog of any kind alone with my child that young. yes, pit bulls may have a higher reported rate of attack, but that is only because a. owners are negligent and if the dogs are not trained properly (any dog) they increase the risk of something like this occuring, and b. like it or not, this specific breed is sometimes trained by some people to do just this. a dog like a collie probably has a lower rate of this occuring because ignorant people aren't training them to fight, then wondering why they attack their kids, other people, etc.

the bottom line is that it's illogical to wish harm to me because i'm defending pit bulls as a breed. you don't hate or distrust all members of islam because of a few radical terrorists do you? there are many more pit bulls out there who are great, loving family pets than there are 'killers' trained to fight. and those dogs are just victims of unfortunate circumstances and irresponsible scum of the earth owners.

My brother has a pit bull / lab mix and it's the most annoying dog I've ever encountered. Thing is a puppy still and all it does is try to steal my old lab's bone, run around non-stop, lick every face it can get near, and jump on stuff.

That thing would absolutely kill a baby, but not in a vicious way, just by being a fucking clutz. Klutz? How do you spell that word?

My brother has a pit bull / lab mix and it's the most annoying dog I've ever encountered. Thing is a puppy still and all it does is try to steal my old lab's bone, run around non-stop, lick every face it can get near, and jump on stuff.

That thing would absolutely kill a baby, but not in a vicious way, just by being a fucking clutz. Klutz? How do you spell that word?

my aunt has two labs and they're the most high energy annoying dogs i've ever met. i love them, but they drive me crazy. it's well known that pit bulls are a very boisterous, high energy breed as well, and as such, need copious amounts of training and obedience class to be managable. a pit could easily knock a small child over accidentally trying to play with it because they're generally a very happy, playful breed by nature.

haha, thanks.

She did eat a baby one day and i had to disguise her so she wouldn't get recognized by the cops... I dressed up up like a hipster and she got away Scott free, no one even gave her a second look.

[image]

hahahaah greatest picture i've seen in awhile.

it belongs here: http://hipsterpuppies.tumblr.com/

First, I have two rottweilers. They are big teddy bears and I have no doubt that they’d never hurt anyone. I also wouldn't ever leave them unsupervised around children. For any reason. That’s asinine.

Second, I love them more than anything in this world, they are my best friends but if they ever did attack and injure someone, regardless of what (if any) provocation there was I wouldn't hesitate to put them down.

With that being said, the generalized statements in this thread about pits and other bully breeds are ridiculous. You hear about pit attacks because the news doesn't report when the family Maltese bites a baby (this happened in Fullerton last week. the baby will need reconstructive surgery on it's face and arms to repair the damage. It wasn't reported in the news at all here). No one cares. People would rather hear about the pit attack. It gets ratings and sells papers, so that's what gets airtime and ink.

Should all pits or bully breeds be eradicated because some close minded people don’t understand them? Certainly not. There is no blame to place on the dog other than it was being a dog. Do the two dogs that attacked that baby need to be put down? Yes. But not because they're awful creatures. They have to be put down because of a lack of common sense on that mother's part and a lack of proper training from their owner. The dogs are just as much a victim of the incident as the baby. It could have been avoided with proper training and the mother not being an idiot.

i never denied the fact that a majority of reported attacks are involving pit bulls, or mixed breed dogs sometimes mistaken for pits. another fact is that there's no accurate statistics involving all dog attacks, as many go unreported.

Only just read the whole of this thread and wanted to comment on this.

I'm sorry but that is such a stupid thing to say, i agree that maybe not all dog attacks get reported, this, unfortunately is true for absolutely anything, though. Fact of the matter is, the majority of attacks reported involve pitt bulls, i'm guessing the severity of the attack is going to be the deciding factor in whether or not it's reported? So someone's lab gets a bit fucked off with someone and bites them, they get a shot and a plaster and that's it. A pit bull's reaction is likely to be more severe and a report is more likely to be made.

Sadly, as much as you say that they're gentle/are good with children and have a bad rap this means absolutely nothing, i'm really nice most of the time but if i get pissed off i might shout at someone, maybe my friend is the same but when he gets pissed off he hits someone? It's the same for different breeds. I don't think it can be denied that certain breeds of dog have different temperaments when it comes to confrontation, and unfortunately pitt pulls are really fucking dangerous when put in that situation. Their size has nothing to do with it either, i'd rather face off against some skinny, 6'4" dude than someone a foot shorter who's built like a brick shit house. They've got a bad rap because their breed's traits have been exploited by lowlifes using them as weapon dogs (something that's starting to be a huge problem in London) but these traits are there whether they're a household pet or groomed to rip some guy's throat out, it just depends on how easy it is for their switch to be flipped.

I'm not anti these types of dog, far from it, my friends own some bull terriers and they're great but you can't comment on how great a temperament these dogs have because it's irrelevant in this case, clearly we're talking about what they're capable of in the .01% of the time where that temperament goes out the window?

Here you go Martin. (not hard to find at all.)

Akita-

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/chat/2265081/posts

VIRGINIA BEACH

A dog attacked a woman in a gas station parking lot this morning, causing serious injuries to her throat, police said.

Just before noon, the woman was walking across the parking lot of the WilcoHess station in the 4400 block of Princess Anne Road, when the dog jumped from a vehicle and attacked her, said Officer Margie Long, a police spokeswoman.

It took two citizens to pull the dog off her, and she suffered serious injuries that required surgery, she said.

Officials took the dog, an Akita, to Animal Control, and charges are pending against the owner, Long said.

The woman was a manager at the gas station, an employee said. No additional information was immediately available.

http://www.nationalcanineresearchcouncil.com/

• A three-year-old Virginia boy was admitted to the hospital with “extensive injuries”. The child was attacked by a Golden Retriever mixed breed dog. The wounds to the child required 300 stitches; and the child will require additional surgeries to “functionally repair muscles, nerves and work on scars”. This incident was reported in only two local Virginia newspapers.

• A 3-year-old girl is admitted to Children’s Hospital in Denver with serious lacerations to her face and head. The hospital declined to release the child’s name or information on her condition. She had been attacked at her home by a Labrador Retriever. This attack was reported four times and only in Colorado media sources.

• An Indiana woman is attacked and knocked to the ground by a German Shepherd dog. The dog she was walking, a small Sheltie mix was also attacked. Neighbors responded and managed to restrain the German Shepherd, but not before the woman was bitten twice in the face. Her small dog was so gravely injured that it was euthanized. This incident was reported in only one local Indiana newspaper.

http://www.dogsbite.org/

Lake County, FL - Chows and chow-mixes hold a steady level of attacks that result in fatality and have for many years. Chow type dogs and children do not mix. A grandmother recently had to learn this the hard way after her Chow lab-mix attacked her grandson. The boy's injuries required that he be airlifted to Arnold Palmer Hospital.

Young Caleb Koons, 6, was treated and released after suffering wounds to his forehead and cheeks. Lake County Animal Services took the dog into custody. Rene Segraves, the organization's assistant director, said it will be quarantined for 10 days, then Caleb's grandmother, Tammy Koons, will have the opportunity to reclaim it.

bottom line:

ANY dog, treated harshly or trained to attack, may bite a person. ANY dog can be turned into a dangerous dog. 9 times out of 10, the owner or handler is responsible for making a dog into something dangerous.

An irresponsible owner might create a situation that places another person in danger by a dog, without the dog itself being dangerous.

any individual dog may be a good, loving pet, even though its breed is considered to be potentially dangerous. you can't look at an individual dog, recognize its breed, and then state whether or not it is going to attack.

and for another example: http://www.amarillo.com/stories/100900/usn_pet.shtml

To the people that are making the claim that other dogs act as aggressively or more so than pit bulls, can anyone find any stories that back up? I think that if a beagle ate a 6 month old's balls, you'd hear about it, too.

i read a story of a husky who mauled a kid in a car seat while it's owner was driving.

pit bulls are not any more aggressive than any other breed if provoked. it's a false accusation. any dog under certain circumstances can bite. there are so many varying factors. the difference is that many dogs are more likely to bite a human, and another (rottweiler or pit bulls) is more likely to cause damage or harm. There is a big difference. the most aggressive dogs are the smallest dogs. dogs like Chihuahuas (totally bit me like 10 times over a summer when i was younger for no reason) and toy poodles are far more aggressive and more likely to bite for no reason than a pit bull would. Chow Chows are even known to bite any human, even his/her master for no reason. Mind you some of these dogs cause very little harm if bitten (are go unreported), but it still is more aggressive (and annoying).

It's like having a 10 year old student punch you in the arm every day out of spite and because his parents sucks and didn't bring him up right , and having the 6ft 300pnd guy slug you in the face because you bumped him by accident on the street and didn't apologize. The adult isn't more aggressive than the 10 year old, he just will cause more damage when provoked.

hope this makes sense. I'm not trying to argue, but i think people tend to get confused with dogs being more aggressive and causing more damage. I think that's what some people are getting at. Pit Bulls and Rottweilers, or even Huskies aren't more aggressive by nature but because of improper training. Larger dogs need more exercise or they become more irritable, hence why proper training and socialization help dogs acclimate properly when around children, infants, or strangers. But again, a dog is a dog, and children shouldn't be left unsupervised with any dog because of their pack mentality. Even the smaller ones.

Why hasn't someone showed the youtube video with the lady talking about her small ass dog biting her in the vagina yet?

dogs > humans

it is stupid to blame it on the fact that it was a pitbull. it could of been a fucking pomeranian and no one would of blame the dog, because he/she is cute. don't get me wrong, it really sucks that the dog attacked the baby. but dogs that are aggressive, are, because of their owner. atleast, that's what i believe.

pit bulls are not any more aggressive than any other breed if provoked.

What kind of provocation could a 6 month old child in a carrier possibly have exercised? Was the provocation simply the baby's presence? ::)

It seems like most people in this thread are speaking from personal belief rather than fact, on both sides of the argument. It's stupid, and does no good for either side.