Best/Worse Live Bands (that you like)

just remembered a few more...new post (yeah, I suck, whatever)

Best:

Reggie And The Full Effect (shit-ton of fun, posed for pictures mid-song, handed me the microphone at the beginning of the first chorus to "Thanks For Stayin' " and then jumped out into the crowd to "Sing A Long" which was weird, but awesome)

Jimmy Eat World (i don't give a shit what you think about what album, consistantly sound great live)

The National (far more energy than I thought they'd bring...mainly just that singer guy)

Worst:

Cave In (only caught 'em once...sounded like a big ole messy muddy pile of shit)

Death By Stereo (annoyed the piss out of me live...never listened to them since that show)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BEST:

fucked up

paint it black

title fight (might be because of the crowd, but everyone was PUMPED)

menzingers

New Found Glory(suprisingly)

Have Heart

(I think ALL of these are because of the crowds...)

Worst:

Saves the day (because I just want them to play through being cool)

Forgetters(just because I had such high expectations, not that they were really "bad")

Reel Big Fish(I liked ska when I was 16, but finally saw them at 20)

Shook Ones(One of my favorite bands, but only me and one other kid singing along)

BEST:

fucked up

man, I love Fucked Up...but, finally saw them during SXSW (even with two members of Wu-Tang Clan free-stylin over them) and loved the set...but the only person who exuded any energy at all was Damian and the drummer man....I screamed along to every song, but the rest of the band seemed bored (or at minimum, lacking energy).......don't get me wrong, I'd see 'em again, just not as insane as I wanted it to be (Damian aside)

Best

-Botch

-Hope Conspiracy

Worst

-Norma Jean (2002 Furnace Fest). I believe you can get the dvd of it and you can see it for yourself. I like the band, but that was an abysmal set, out of tune, sloppy playing and equipment failures. It didn't matter though, kids seemed to love it anyway.

Worst

-Norma Jean (2002 Furnace Fest). I believe you can get the dvd of it and you can see it for yourself. I like the band, but that was an abysmal set, out of tune, sloppy playing and equipment failures. It didn't matter though, kids seemed to love it anyway.

i didn't realize people came from that far away for Furnace Fest, radical...also, they were still Ludicris then right?

Worst

i didn't realize people came from that far away for Furnace Fest, radical...also, they were still Ludicris then right?

oh yeah, the drive isn't too bad, like 8 hours.

they were norma jean by then, it was around the time that bless the martyr... came out and they got the first of 3 new singers.

i will add that the 18 visions performance @FF2002 was the best set i have ever seen them play. james hart, love him or hate him, but he is one of the better front men around .