David Bazan - The Man In Me b/w Hallelujah 7-inch

• 11 months later...

I love Bazan's cover of both songs. Even though Jeff Buckley's "Hallelujah" is quintessential, Bazan's cover rivals the song.

I did the preorder thing for the Bazan record. I asked Bob and Dave if buying a test was possible and they said they would look into it. I think they ended up doing like 5 or 10, and Bob said they weren't selling any. Quite a bummer.

I love Bazan's cover of both songs. Even though Jeff Buckley's "Hallelujah" is quintessential, Bazan's cover rivals the song.
Buckley's version is also a cover. It could actually be considered a cover of a cover. Hallelujah was first written by Leonard Cohen, and then covered by John Cale. Buckley's version most resembles Cale's.

Buckley's version is also a cover. It could actually be considered a cover of a cover. Hallelujah was first written by Leonard Cohen, and then covered by John Cale. Buckley's version most resembles Cale's.

I'm 30, so this information isn't news to me. I guess I could have worded it better. I just meant that most people I talk to prefer Buckley's cover to Cale's or Cohen's version. Bazan"s is really good.

Yeah, looks like I got into Bazan way late in the game. Was informed they go for $25 by themselves. I think I'll be fine with just my mp3's. Thanks guys. I'll pick up the LP soon enough.

Anybody know of a store or distro that carries both Curse Your Branches and the Headphones lp? (Or other stuff that I should pick up anyways?) I'm about to do some searching myself, but figured if anybody already knew it would be cool.

Yeah, I saw that, and I'll totally buy it right from him if I can't get them together. Since I'm in Canada I can't get things shipped for as cheap.

They're both on Insound, but CYB is a few bucks more than from David's site, and on top of that it'll cost me $15 shipping. Gonna keep looking.