Gaslight Anthem/CHAMBERLAIN/Tim Barry summer tour!

stupid concert in the park shit instead of a real show...

whatever I'll go, hopefully there aren't as many people as the 3eb show i saw there which was pretty miserable.

Probably as many or more. 85% of the people who go don't even care about the band. They're what the radio station used to call "prize pigs". Families who did anything free and would always hound the sponsors for free shit. They are, as you described, miserable.

yeah... damn

maybe they'll add a sacramento date after (fingers crossed!) it is possibel to get from sac to denver in like 18 hours...

edit: apparently theyre playing bfd too... wonderful... and against me... and then like 28 other shitty bands.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stupid concert in the park shit instead of a real show...

whatever I'll go, hopefully there aren't as many people as the 3eb show i saw there which was pretty miserable.

Probably as many or more. 85% of the people who go don't even care about the band. They're what the radio station used to call "prize pigs". Families who did anything free and would always hound the sponsors for free shit. They are, as you described, miserable.

I have a friend like this. He'll do anything if it's free. ANYTHING.

That to me shows a complete lack of value for your time. I used to get free movie passes all the time. You know how many I went to? None. Because they give out 500 tickets to a 300 seat theater (20% - 60% over is standard) and people would start lining up at noon for a movie at 7pm. We'd literally see people with lawn chairs at the front of the line. Disgusting.

Anyhow, it bums me out if those are the only two shows they play in the Bay Area because I'll likely not make it to either. Music in the park is okay but I don't really have an urge to get involved with the mouse maze that is downtown San Jose during a big event. As for BFD, that has to be the most unenjoyable large music festival I've been to. I really can't believe it still pulls that many people in.

That to me shows a complete lack of value for your time. I used to get free movie passes all the time. You know how many I went to? None. Because they give out 500 tickets to a 300 seat theater (20% - 60% over is standard) and people would start lining up at noon for a movie at 7pm. We'd literally see people with lawn chairs at the front of the line. Disgusting.

Anyhow, it bums me out if those are the only two shows they play in the Bay Area because I'll likely not make it to either. Music in the park is okay but I don't really have an urge to get involved with the mouse maze that is downtown San Jose during a big event. As for BFD, that has to be the most unenjoyable large music festival I've been to. I really can't believe it still pulls that many people in.

I hear you on that. I get a fair bit of movie promos, but they rarely fill up too much, so I go to those that I like. But I don't waste my time on things I don't like, too much in life to do.

just got my tickets to the wiltern show, although like Travis I am a little bummed about the venue choice. I went to both the Henry Fonda and Chain Reaction shows they played on their last time around and would much rather catch them at one of these two venues again over The Wiltern.

Ah well, glad to see Tim Barry get a little more recognition. There will be a ton of kids at these shows who've never heard him before. Good for him.