BRAND NEW "DEVIL&GOD" 2XLP- TEST PRESSING CONTEST!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not even a fan of this band I ordered this because I went like a week where I couldn't stop listening to Limousine.

This is ridiculous, the problems of the label should never be the problems of the customers.

I will never order anything from AFS again..

Hey Jason,

I really wish you would e-mail me rather than continuing to complain on a message board. If you are that unhappy and can wait no longer for your order, please send me an e-mail and I will give you a refund immediately: [email protected].

Take care,

RJ

I am really bummed at the gang mentality that has developed around VC as of late. It seems like people are just looking for something to bitch about, and once somebody starts it everyone feels safer and joins in. It's vinyl manufacturing. Have you guys forgotten that the band themselves were to blame for the beginning of this fiasco? RJ has been very punctual with updates as they become available to him, and most of these delays seem like they're out of his hands.

Give the dude a break and be grateful that someone's willing to put up with enough shit just to put this out. That is if you give a damn about the care and quality being put into his release. If you're satisfied with the subpar band press that be band forced into the market, completely stealing RJ's fire, then I don't know what to tell you. RJ's will be the definitive release and when it comes it'll be worth it.

I am not even a fan of this band I ordered this because I went like a week where I couldn't stop listening to Limousine.

This is ridiculous, the problems of the label should never be the problems of the customers.

I will never order anything from AFS again..

Hey Jason,

I really wish you would e-mail me rather than continuing to complain on a message board. If you are that unhappy and can wait no longer for your order, please send me an e-mail and I will give you a refund immediately: [email protected].

Take care,

RJ

if he returns it, i want his copy! haha.

Hell, if I was in his shoes, I would've gave up a long time ago. I give him props for that.

Also, yeah, it was the bands fault. Those bastards.

Successfully steal a bunch of dollars and they think they can go 10 months without giving us something we paid money for.

Well...touche, Brand New.

I am really bummed at the gang mentality that has developed around VC as of late. It seems like people are just looking for something to bitch about, and once somebody starts it everyone feels safer and joins in. It's vinyl manufacturing. Have you guys forgotten that the band themselves were to blame for the beginning of this fiasco? RJ has been very punctual with updates as they become available to him, and most of these delays seem like they're out of his hands.

Give the dude a break and be grateful that someone's willing to put up with enough shit just to put this out. That is if you give a damn about the care and quality being put into his release. If you're satisfied with the subpar band press that be band forced into the market, completely stealing RJ's fire, then I don't know what to tell you. RJ's will be the definitive release and when it comes it'll be worth it.

This.

I agree with all of this.

ITT: people whine a lot. most people can't comprehend that said whining will not make this record arrive at their house any sooner. people make far too many tl;dr posts. we reaffirm the fact that brand new sucks as a band when it comes to anything aside from making music. (and they even suck at that on occasion) we all agree that this record will look great whenever it shows up.

Those look fucking beautiful, RJ, and I'm really glad I waited. It's been a frustrating release on everyone's part, but I can only imagine how much bitching you've had to put up with, along with your own frustrations of things not working out. Thanks for sticking in there to bring us this. Also:

whatevs. at least the components are all there. it's not like they never sent it off to the plant, or stole money. honestly, i'd like to see a lot of the people complaining in this thread deal with a major label and a very popular band and do this exact thing. there are always going to be bumps in the road.

I don't buy that defense. If someone doesn't want to deal with those bumps, they generally choose not to.

No one, at least I hope, is blaming RJ for the delays. It's just that the rest of us shouldn't have been exposed to them.

For as much ridiculous shit Glassjaw pulls, they almost did their recent releases right. If they hadn't limited them to about 7 copies so people could get them without killing each other, it'd be alright. No one even knows they have releases coming, and then BOOM, they're up for order and a week or two later people have them. [Actually, I guess people are still just getting the first one now but I don't know what that cancellation snafu was all about.]

Even if you say, "hey world, we're working on putting this out," that's fine. Just don't hold people on the line until everything's on it's way to you as the label.

If you don't like the process, don't participate in the pre-order. It's as simple as that.

the thing with not participating in a pre-order is that nowadays you won't be able to get the record without pre-ordering it somewhere. unless you want to pay ebay prices. often times a record sells out during the pre-order, and if you didn't pre-order it you're shit out of luck.

If you don't like the process, don't participate in the pre-order. It's as simple as that.

the thing with not participating in a pre-order is that nowadays you won't be able to get the record without pre-ordering it somewhere. unless you want to pay ebay prices. often times a record sells out during the pre-order, and if you didn't pre-order it you're shit out of luck.

I totally understand that, but caveat emptor--let the buyer beware. People assume certain risks when pre-ordering a record they know the label does not have in hand. These risks can include multiple delays outside of the label's control.