Leatherface denied entry into U.S., tour canceled

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image]

Very sorry to announce that LEATHERFACE has been denied admittance into the United States and have been forced to cancel their upcoming tour with Ninja Gun and Young Livers. I don't have news on exactly why Leatherface were denied access and I have no news of rescheduling the tour. I am so bummed as the tour was coming through Denver next week. Total fucking bummer.

I hate to say it, but Suburban Home's Ninja Gun have had a bit of bad luck supporting great tours. Last year, their tour with Fake Problems was canceled due to a death in the family and now this. I know that Ninja Gun are still playing a handful of dates, but I know that the tour with Leatherface is canceled.

Leatherface were going to support their new album, "The Stormy Petrel" http://www.interpunk.com/item.cfm?Source=8888&Item=178428 . How's everyone feeling on the new album?

I guess it is time to put the new record on, drink a few beers, and reminisce about the last time you saw Leatherface. I think the last time I saw them was when they toured with Discount and Hot Water Music. Or was it Dillinger Four and Discount?

I've seen Leatherface twice; the first time was August 2000 with Avail and Dillinger Four at the Fireside Bowl in Chicago, and the second time was April 2001 with Hot Water Music and Small Brown Bike at Gabe's Oasis in Iowa City. Both times they were phenomenal; both times, no one else in the crowd seemed to care about them.

I saw them in 2000 as well with D4 and Avail. That was actually the first time I had ever heard of them I think. And agreeing with Scott, most people were not really into them. I became an instant fan.

Saw them a second time at Harvest of Hope this year and Frankie is still an angry motherfucker!!!

New record is fantastic as well. One of my favorites of the year so far. I just want my double LP to show up in the mail!!!!!

Guest Admin

the first time I saw them was on the Avail/D4 tour, but Avail broke down so the Gamits ended up opening the show.

The 2nd time, I am pretty sure it was with Hot Water Music and Discount.

Both times, Leatherface were fantastic. And people were stoked.

I've seen Leatherface twice; the first time was August 2000 with Avail and Dillinger Four at the Fireside Bowl in Chicago, and the second time was April 2001 with Hot Water Music and Small Brown Bike at Gabe's Oasis in Iowa City. Both times they were phenomenal; both times, no one else in the crowd seemed to care about them.

I was at that Fireside show and you're wrong, people were hypnotized at how good they were that night, I kept catching myself staring slack-jawed at them as I couldn't believe they as good as they were...they got called back for an encore, that doesn't just happen with no one else in the room caring.

Thats a real shit for you guys especially for the people going to see them for the 1st time on this tour.

Being a Brit i've been very lucky and seen Leatherface 20+ times right from the early days to the later days and they never fail to amaze me !

BTW does anybody know whats gonna happen to the Tour 7" ? Is Ninja Gun still gonna be selling them on their dates?

I was at that Fireside show and you're wrong, people were hypnotized at how good they were that night, I kept catching myself staring slack-jawed at them as I couldn't believe they as good as they were...they got called back for an encore, that doesn't just happen with no one else in the room caring.

Are you sure, dude? They played first of three; I definitely don't remember them getting called back for an encore. The room was half-empty until D4 played, at which point it got super fucking full and I felt like I was going to die as I was right against the stage (the crowd actually knocked me into Erik in the first song, which is why he fell down).

Are you sure, dude? They played first of three; I definitely don't remember them getting called back for an encore. The room was half-empty until D4 played, at which point it got super fucking full and I felt like I was going to die as I was right against the stage (the crowd actually knocked me into Erik in the first song, which is why he fell down).

positive, that tour D4 and them were switching off as openers and LF played first that night, before most people got there and when they finished they walked off stage and everyone there didn't move and were like UH-UH MORE!!! and they came back and did another song. This show is burned into my brain. I wanna say it was a friday night too.

Not to hijack, but just to let people know...

YOUNG LIVERS are playing these places... please spread the word!

May 14, Friday: New Brookland Tavern, Columbia, SC (early show)

May 15, Saturday: Radfest @ The Soapbox, Wilmington, NC

May 16, Sunday: Lunchbox Records, Charlotte, NC

May 17, Monday: 529, Atlanta, GA

where is a good place to start with leatherface as i have never really gave them a serious listen?

Mush

Horsebox

HWM Split

Dog Disco

Cherry Knowle

Minx

Fill Your Boots

the Last

(the Stormy Petrol not rated yet...still waiting for my 2xLP)

then there's a few other collection things to track down.