Official World Cup 2010 thread

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i want Spain to keep their GD down in the event of a tie on points should say... the Swiss beat Honduras.

Although, I would love for Cesc to have a strong showing otherwise.

i see.

so you must cheer spain defeat chile on the next game while the swiss beat hondurus....

:)

no no no. im rooting for Chile. I want everyone else to lose, except Honduras at this point.

Yea, fouls, although there's been at least 2 yellows this half alone.

I get frustrated watching soccer sometimes. A lifetime of hockey, you learn to play through penalties because the game can easily bite you in the ass if you get up and whine about a missed call and take yourself out of the play. These guys are constantly flopping around and I feel like if they just kept their feet under them and didn't crumble when the wind blows on them, they could have a chance to make something happen. Instead they lay down, roll around holding their ankle or face, then get up and throw their arms in the air, effectively ending the rush.

I get frustrated watching soccer sometimes. A lifetime of hockey, you learn to play through penalties because the game can easily bite you in the ass if you get up and whine about a missed call and take yourself out of the play. These guys are constantly flopping around and I feel like if they just kept their feet under them and didn't crumble when the wind blows on them, they could have a chance to make something happen. Instead they lay down, roll around holding their ankle or face, then get up and throw their arms in the air, effectively ending the rush.

The more you watch it, the more you'll get used to it. Though, i do find this World Cup is much worse than what i usually watch in terms of soft free kicks etc, usually i'm watching the premier league which is much more physical than most other leagues and definitely has less of them. European football is really stop start due to all the players falling over the place and it's definitely the same in the WC.

The more you watch it, the more you'll get used to it. Though, i do find this World Cup is much worse than what i usually watch in terms of soft free kicks etc, usually i'm watching the premier league which is much more physical than most other leagues and definitely has less of them. European football is really stop start due to all the players falling over the place and it's definitely the same in the WC.

Yea, I never watched soccer until I lived in London for a semester and watched a ton of the Premiership. The English seem to play through a lot of it, compared to some of the other leagues we'd catch games of. The Italian league is always embarrassing to watch.