SKA IS DEAD 7" of the Month Club! w/ order info!

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Justin did you still need help with punching? I thought you were gonna text me.

when flood was in town we got together and knocked em all out in one sitting, a few extra friends randomly showed up that i didn't expect so we knocked out 90% of the work...though I will need help assembling orders in a few weeks once these damn things show up. Can I hit you up for that?

if you ever need help assembling things, you can always hit me up, too. f'realsies.

Justin - have all the bands been selected for this?

yes...unless something goes awry...this is what we're looking at...

Mustard Plug/the Beatdown

Big D/Brunt of it

Sonic Boom Six/Nix 86

Reel Big Fish/Tip the Van

Vic Ruggerio/the Forthrights

the Slackers/Bomb the Music Industry

Think you can still convince Var to get Stressface to record something for Series 2?

Think you can still convince Var to get Stressface to record something for Series 2?

we're trying, but I have a feeling they're not going to follow through with it...which sucks because the band that we got to pair them up with...oh man........that's all I can say for now.

the band we were planning to pair them with is waiting for the ok from their label... and all i will say if it does happen, it will be one of the most ridiculous things i have ever been responsible for.

we're also working on putting together all sorts of perks for being members of the club... free mp3's, discounts from various Ska related labels, exclusive colors, first shots at preorders... and wacky shit like that... hopefully making this more of a sweet deal to be involved with :)

the band we were planning to pair them with is waiting for the ok from their label... and all i will say if it does happen, it will be one of the most ridiculous things i have ever been responsible for.

we're also working on putting together all sorts of perks for being members of the club... free mp3's, discounts from various Ska related labels, exclusive colors, first shots at preorders... and wacky shit like that... hopefully making this more of a sweet deal to be involved with :)

hummm, the perks have re interested me.

last time big d came through they played a new song and i asked them about it after the show and they said it would be coming out on a split 7" this summer. i'm thinking it might be part of this?

song was very strictly-rude'ish

most likely, I believe their songs on their myspace and itunes, if you want to double check...

haaahhaa that would be so damn awesome.

Save Ferris

man the last show i saw with them they sounded like they were active and possibly had new stuff to record. mind you that was 7 or 8 years ago.

it was maybe my last show in LA but it was an awesome afternoon show with Save Farris at the Troubadour.

• 1 month later...
Maybe Ska really is dead? Any updates on this?

Rainbo has been extremely backed up, so we will hopefully be getting the Big D/Brunt Of It split this week, I finally got word that they were shipping that one on Friday...hopefully it'll arrive before I leave for the Fest.

But the whole hold up on this has been Rainbo's delays. They've gone from telling us it's 15 business days until records ship after test pressing approval to "18-21" and then after we passed that mark I had to pester them daily and finally got word they were shipping.

It's been a bit of a clusterfuck, but records will start shipping soon, at the very latest they'll start shipping November 2nd.