coolest shit ever.....

went to an old friends house last night, and she told me that it was originally her grandfathers house, and he had a recording studio in the basement.... most of the equipment was still down there, some gorgeous vintage amps and mics... and.........

a fucking reel to reel connected to a record lathe... and she still has some blanks.... i'm totally gonna try to get that thing to work next time i go over there.

Good find. I'm not sure what you'd do with a record lathe unless you want to open your own lathe cut operation. Not sure there's a market but you never know.

My dad has a reel to reel and some pretty good recordings on it. He's got Iron Butterfly, which is beyond cool. I'd like to have all that stuff set up.

Good find. I'm not sure what you'd do with a record lathe unless you want to open your own lathe cut operation. Not sure there's a market but you never know.

My dad has a reel to reel and some pretty good recordings on it. He's got Iron Butterfly, which is beyond cool. I'd like to have all that stuff set up.

My ex girlfriends' dad was an insane audiophile and had a reel to reel player and like 40-50 reel to reel recordings. He had Cream's "Disreali Gears" on reel to reel, along w/ some other rad stuff. said that there was a decent ebay market for reel to reel stuff.

i'd probably end up doing something stupid like xfering some old demo tapes or bootlegs i made to have copies on vinyl for shits & giggles

Forget pictures, I want to go to there!

Idea for a record: Get someone to play the same song over and over 500 times and press it on vinyl each time. Each copy is 1/1!

And I think this is a fantastic idea, although 500 is a pretty high number. You may have been joking, I can't tell, but if a guy with a guitar went in and did this I think the results would be awesome. Assuming it was a good song.