Your vote for Worst Punk Band Ever?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, Anyone who thinks Nofx is a better band than the Ramones needs their head examined. Why can't we all just agree that punk rock has been stale and boring and over all not worth the effort for a long time.

Better band how? Like better music? You bet your sweet ass it's better music. So fatty's vocals leave room for desire However, Hefe, Fatty and Smelly are each particularly good at their instrument. Don't believe me? Listen to the decline. So you've heard it's some boring punk rock opera or some shit? That's horse shit. That song is incredible and they play it live VERY WELL.

Don't get me wrong, the Ramones were pretty fucking good. But that three chord madness had to stop. Guitar players who try to figure out NOFX riffs and shit-they've got to know, it's not your typical run of the mill fast, power chord aggression.

Dude, you're insane. The Ramones invented "power chord aggression". The Ramones invented a style of music, NOFX just beats that style of music into the ground.

Ironically, I just listened to "The Decline" yesterday for the first time. It was fucking terrible. It's just a meandering song that goes no where. I'd prefer a two and a half minute song with a catchy chorus.

Well, a lot of people say that about the decline when they first start listening to it. I personally think it's amazing. But I'm a little insane.

And if you'd like a 2 and half minute song with a catchy chorus maybe you should try "I AM an alcoholic". Fucking genius. At least in my mind.

If your secret goal of starting this thread is just to get people to argue with you, then my hat is off to you. +1 on the thread, my friend.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':0vl4grgk]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':0vl4grgk]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

I'm taking about legitimate bands, not bands comprised of 15 year olds who live down the street from you.

My vote goes to NOFX.

- Terrible singer. Seriously, Fat Mike is the worst singer of all time.

- Lame lyrical content. Those 15 year olds down the street can come up with better song topics than "Cokie The Clown".

- They write the same songs over and over.

- They are the heroes of mall punk kids everywhere.

- They are the patron saints of the Warped Tour.

- They are at least 10 years too long at the party.

They possess a group of characteristics that make me puke in my mouth. Everything that sucks about punk rock, rolled into one nauseating package.

These are all of the reasons I love NOFX.

Aside from the "mall punk" comment and the "Warped Tour" comment, pretty much everything said here can be said about the Ramones, who I also love.

^ I'm with hickey on this one. I like NOFX, I like the Ramones, and I don't compare the two because it is pointless.

Why has no one mentioned F.Y.P. yet? 8-)

Seriously, Anyone who thinks Nofx is a better band than the Ramones needs their head examined. Why can't we all just agree that punk rock has been stale and boring and over all not worth the effort for a long time.

Better band how? Like better music? You bet your sweet ass it's better music. So fatty's vocals leave room for desire However, Hefe, Fatty and Smelly are each particularly good at their instrument. Don't believe me? Listen to the decline. So you've heard it's some boring punk rock opera or some shit? That's horse shit. That song is incredible and they play it live VERY WELL.

Don't get me wrong, the Ramones were pretty fucking good. But that three chord madness had to stop. Guitar players who try to figure out NOFX riffs and shit-they've got to know, it's not your typical run of the mill fast, power chord aggression.

Also, weren't the sex pistols some boy band put together by a lingerie company to sell panties or some shit?

Anyway, my vote goes to the Ataris 9if you can call them punk).

Their first few records were excellent, but they can't play live for shit.

Nofx are boring and old, there recent albums have been awful and that says alot considering their old stuff is pretty boring too. You think the decline is this epic song? It's not, it's really long and boring as hell for the most part, in the 18 and a half minutes it takes to listen to The Decline you can listen to Jet Boy by the New York Dolls 4 times, its a much better use of your time.

This thread is stupid.

I like this. That band sucks. No they are awesome. No this band is better. Repeat.

If you like it, listen to it. If you dont like it, dont listen to it.

Discussion is stupid.

I think this. I think that. You think this. You think that. Repeat.

If you like it, read it. If you don't like it, don't read it.

What's the point of going on a messageboard if you're not going to discuss things?

most bands in this thread suck pretty bad.

I've never understood why people love nofx so much, they got a couple songs that I dig, but they are overall a pretty shitty band.

Ramones are great, Sex pistols are cool, and I love the misfits, but I guess I can see how people don't like those bands.

Flogging Molly, Anti-Flag, AFI, all those shitty 90s bands like Mest, all suck. I also hate MU330 and Digger.

I really don't understand how people can not like pennywise though. they're not one of my favorites, but I've always liked em, good, fast punk.

Nofx are boring and old, there recent albums have been awful and that says alot considering their old stuff is pretty boring too. You think the decline is this epic song? It's not, it's really long and boring as hell for the most part, in the 18 and a half minutes it takes to listen to The Decline you can listen to Jet Boy by the New York Dolls 4 times, its a much better use of your time.

The Decline is nowhere near the most epic NOFX song...A200 Club fo' life! 8-)

Seriously though, there is (at least) some decent playing going on in the song imho.

coheed and cambria get's my vote...i can't stand that guy's voice...it's like nails on a chalkboard to me...

they aren't even remotely close to being a punk band.

I suppose that depends on how one chooses to define "punk". I'm sure there are people who would say any band without dudes with green hair playing loud fast music isn't punk.

To me, punk has always been a large umbrella under which sub-genres such as hardcore, indie, emo, and to some extent genres like metal (mostly thrash/speed/death), new wave, and alternative fall.

I would say that a band like Coheed and Cambria fall under that umbrella.