Your vote for Worst Punk Band Ever?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, and really, you can't figure out why people love FLOGGING MOLLY? Really are you that clueless? It's because he was in FASTWAY!... come on sing it with me. "She's got easy livin'" :P

Haha...yeah, I took that into consideration. ;)

Also, THIS is what I'd be singing...

"Say what you wiiiiiiiiil....YOU WILL!"

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':9ageple8]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':9ageple8]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

I agree with a lot of what's already been said. Offspring, Casualties, Mest, Flogging Molly... all terrible bands.

While I wouldn't call the Misfits one of the worst bands ever, I would say they are one of the most overrated bands ever.

Sex Pistols fucking rule! I can't believe you can be into punk music and not love Never Mind The Bollocks. Unless we're talking like 2003 reunion tour Sex Pistols. Then maybe they qualify as worst ever.

Truthfully, you can't really deny certain bands unless you grew up with them.. Sure the MISFITS are shit music now, but for the time, they were, how do you kids say it, the bomb. I loved listening to MISFITS when i was a kid. Hell i still have my misfits fiend club stuff from the 80s. If the typical 18 year old says that THE MISFITS were the worst punk band because they had cheezy horror lyrics and really bad production, i wouldn't be able to take them seriously. Mainly because most 70's and 80's punk bands had horrid production. But they were different for their time. Same goes for the RAMONES. maybe i'm just a bit old and senile. I don't know.

And i can't think of the worst punk band ever.

in this thread people are taking punk rock way too seriously, and talking out their asses.

now that i think about it, everything on Asbestos' catalog is the worst punk rock ever (whatever that watered down term means). Whoever runs that label needs to grow up (and buy me a drink at fest) and put some reasonable shit out like POUNDED CLOWN reissues!!! :P

I'm taking about legitimate bands, not bands comprised of 15 year olds who live down the street from you.

My vote goes to NOFX.

- Terrible singer. Seriously, Fat Mike is the worst singer of all time.

- Lame lyrical content. Those 15 year olds down the street can come up with better song topics than "Cokie The Clown".

- They write the same songs over and over.

- They are the heroes of mall punk kids everywhere.

- They are the patron saints of the Warped Tour.

- They are at least 10 years too long at the party.

They possess a group of characteristics that make me puke in my mouth. Everything that sucks about punk rock, rolled into one nauseating package.

These are all of the reasons I love NOFX.

Aside from the "mall punk" comment and the "Warped Tour" comment, pretty much everything said here can be said about the Ramones, who I also love.

Joey was a much better singer than Fat Mike. Also, when they were writing juvenile lyrics they were the first ones doing it and they did it in a much wittier way than NOFX. Please never compare the Ramones to NOFX again.

Joey was a much better singer than Fat Mike. Also, when they were writing juvenile lyrics they were the first ones doing it and they did it in a much wittier way than NOFX. Please never compare the Ramones to NOFX again.

Joey's singing voice makes him sound retarded. It's part of the Ramones charm. And I'd argue that NOFX's lyrics are actually wittier and much more clever.

So, juvenile lyrics are ok as long as you're the first to do it?

Joey's singing voice makes him sound retarded. It's part of the Ramones charm. And I'd argue that NOFX's lyrics are actually wittier and much more clever.

I really dislike Joey's voice on the later stuff, and especially live, where he's a lot deeper and throatier sounding.

Yes, the lack of originality hurts.

What are these witty NOFX lyrics that you speak of?

Yes, the lack of originality hurts.

What are these witty NOFX lyrics that you speak of?

What's unoriginal? And are you really making this a personal attack? You're attacking the person, not the argument.