Your vote for Worst Punk Band Ever?

I'm taking about legitimate bands, not bands comprised of 15 year olds who live down the street from you.

My vote goes to NOFX.

- Terrible singer. Seriously, Fat Mike is the worst singer of all time.

- Lame lyrical content. Those 15 year olds down the street can come up with better song topics than "Cokie The Clown".

- They write the same songs over and over.

- They are the heroes of mall punk kids everywhere.

- They are the patron saints of the Warped Tour.

- They are at least 10 years too long at the party.

They possess a group of characteristics that make me puke in my mouth. Everything that sucks about punk rock, rolled into one nauseating package.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see the hate for the Sex Pistols, but I've had this argument many times. I love the Pistols and I think the problem is that their image is punk, but their music is pretty much straight forward glam rock.

One band that is fuckin' horrible on every level:

The Offspring

Bands that tons of people love, but for the life of me, I can't see why:

Lawrence Arms, O Pioneers, Flogging Molly, and Jawbreaker

One band that is fuckin' horrible on every level:

The Offspring

Bands that tons of people love, but for the life of me, I can't see why:

Lawrence Arms, O Pioneers, Flogging Molly, and Jawbreaker

I agree with LA and Jawbreaker. I go back and forth on OP. I like Flogging Molly.

The Offspring.. I really, really, really liked (and still do) Smash. I couldn't ever get into anything else. But Smash and Dookie were basically the only two CDs I listened to in 1994.

i wouldnt call fat mike the worst singer of all time. clearly there are tons far worse than him. just like johnny cash he has a cadence and voice all his own. you can't mistake him for anyone else. that's what makes them nofx. sure their lyrics are cheesy in most cases with the occasional political song, but that's their niche. now the last 4 reasons martin, i'll agree, they've been around way too long, and they are like the AC/DC of punk. writing the same song for the last 12-18 years. they peaked in the 90's and haven't really gone anywhere from there. I think you are dead on for them being the heroes of mall punk kids everywhere.

I don't know why people like jawbreaker either? maybe it's the lyrics, maybe the music. maybe both. for the time they were definitely great because blake was a rather great lyricist and like no other. He wasn't trying to come off as smart talking fool about politics and what not. it's more just social and personal situations that was the main focus of his writing. The music was far more raw in the beginning as the lyrics lacked, but as his writing improved his music became more polished and poppy. Which entertained the people that were just listening to them for the first time back in the late 90's They had a sound that catered (but not for this reason) to the new mall punk crowd of punk rockers as well as delivered at least to some of the people that grew up with them. Maybe that's just me.. i could totally be off.

Dude, and really, you can't figure out why people love FLOGGING MOLLY? Really are you that clueless? It's because he was in FASTWAY!... come on sing it with me. "She's got easy livin'" :P

i wouldnt call fat mike the worst singer of all time. clearly there are tons far worse than him. just like johnny cash he has a cadence and voice all his own. you can't mistake him for anyone else. that's what makes them nofx. sure their lyrics are cheesy in most cases with the occasional political song, but that's their niche. now the last 4 reasons martin, i'll agree, they've been around way too long, and they are like the AC/DC of punk. writing the same song for the last 12-18 years. they peaked in the 90's and haven't really gone anywhere from there. I think you are dead on for them being the heroes of mall punk kids everywhere.

I don't know why people like jawbreaker either? maybe it's the lyrics, maybe the music. maybe both. for the time they were definitely great because blake was a rather great lyricist and like no other. He wasn't trying to come off as smart talking fool about politics and what not. it's more just social and personal situations that was the main focus of his writing. The music was far more raw in the beginning as the lyrics lacked, but as his writing improved his music became more polished and poppy. Which entertained the people that were just listening to them for the first time back in the late 90's They had a sound that catered (but not for this reason) to the new mall punk crowd of punk rockers as well as delivered at least to some of the people that grew up with them. Maybe that's just me.. i could totally be off.

Dude, and really, you can't figure out why people love FLOGGING MOLLY? Really are you that clueless? It's because he was in FASTWAY!... come on sing it with me. "She's got easy livin'" :P

I love pulling out my Fastway LP and pointing out that it's that dude, so hilarious, people never believe me! ha!

I'm gonna go with Mest.

• [*:1op4m0ku]4th rate Goldfinger rip off band
    [*:1op4m0ku]complete douches
    [*:1op4m0ku]singer was in a white power band in high school
    [*:1op4m0ku]singer killed a dude and got off the hook as self defense
    [*:1op4m0ku]and the ultimate crime: the What's the Dillio song, I think John Feldman wrote that but goddamn is that song shamefully more embarrassing than Fat Mike's most bullshit song that he proudly claims he wrote in 5 minutes and then charged you $5 for to buy another mediocre 7".

]

that being said, Nofx has written a decent amount of really good songs in the last 10 years...which is when I actually started paying attention for the first time...when they got marginally political.

I'm taking about legitimate bands, not bands comprised of 15 year olds who live down the street from you.

My vote goes to NOFX.

- Terrible singer. Seriously, Fat Mike is the worst singer of all time.

- Lame lyrical content. Those 15 year olds down the street can come up with better song topics than "Cokie The Clown".

- They write the same songs over and over.

- They are the heroes of mall punk kids everywhere.

- They are the patron saints of the Warped Tour.

- They are at least 10 years too long at the party.

They possess a group of characteristics that make me puke in my mouth. Everything that sucks about punk rock, rolled into one nauseating package.

These are all of the reasons I love NOFX.

Aside from the "mall punk" comment and the "Warped Tour" comment, pretty much everything said here can be said about the Ramones, who I also love.