Electronic cigarettes

Hit/miss. I've known a few people who tried and both said "fuck it" after awhile. Its great to kill the craving but if you're more into the ritual of smoking as a whole (the lighting, ashing, packing, etc) it's really kind of sad and unfulfilling. I would get one just to smoke inside but I don't really have the habit to support that kind of purchase. Just my two cents.

I have never known anyone to actually use these things, just seen the assholes who walk around the mall that are trying to sell them.

That being said, I have a prescription for Chantix I am starting tomorrow, and my actual quit date is a week from tomorrow. I am very nervous/excited to start dropping vices.

these arent to make you quit, they are to only give you the nicotine and not the other shit in the smoke, again these do not help you quit, you are still addicted to the nicotine and the routine of smoking

It's so true, extremely valid point. I want to use the filters to step down from 8 mg to eventually 0 mg of nicotine. However, the routine of doing it is going to be my biggest obstacle.

I sing a lot and have been smoking close to a pack a day for 2 years.

I would love to go cold turkey, but I'm seriously not man enough to do it.

you could try the patch that helped me quit gradually.

I mean I felt pretty damn pathetic resorting to a patch after only smoking for 6 years but I had tried to quit numerous times and cutting down wasn't happening.

The way I see it you might spend a $100+ over the time it takes to quit but obviously well worth it.

the gum works realllllly well, but just gets you addicted to the gum, what I did was start on full pieces of gum, then I would break them in half, then thirds, then quarters with a knife, I would mix it with other cheap gum so it was still a big piece... this worked for me and I quit for over a year and felt great, went back to smoking because I thought I could have 1 smoke wihile I was drunk and obviously with any type of drug addiction, that usually doesnt work

Guest eriathomas

I've smoked on and off for 6 years, and finally decided to try to stop for good earlier in the week. We just switched to fire-safe cigarettes here and they taste horrible, don't smoke the same, and give me headaches. I love smoking, and it takes the edge off my anxiety for a bit, but it also ways heavy on my hypochondria, so time to quit before I go bad thinking I have cancer every time I cough.

I'm going on a month and a week or two now. Cold Turkey. I just saw cigarettes are $10 a pack. Christ.

You have to want it. I would smoke a pack a day. I started thinking about quitting and would cut one or two out here and there. Got to the point I was smoking maybe 3-4 a day and when the last one was done I just stopped. I made deals with myself plenty of times that always led to failure. I love smoking and if they ever create a cigarette that doesnt kill you Ill be first in line. Until then I'm much happier and feel way better not smoking. I smell smoke and it makes me ill. The first month is hard but it's really the first 2 weeks that are the worst. After that it is all just breaking habits. If you are a drinker and arent willing to stop drinking for a short time to help you quit smoking then you wont ever quit.

I applaud anyone willing to give this a serious shot.

That "green smoke" looks like it's about 10 feet long. Fucking awkward.

I just picked up a Blu and it's on the way in the mail right now. I know a lot of people who have quite using one and it intrigues me.

Tis kinda long, but the taste of it has got me. On the record: nothing like a fucking cigarette. But the taste of the menthol cartridges that I got with this Green Smoke are really, really nice I think. I haven't had a REAL cigarette in 2 days now, and I feel like I'm dying for one, but this thing is kinda cool. "Smoking" in the house for the first time.

The way I see it you might spend a $100+ over the time it takes to quit but obviously well worth it.

That's where I'm at. The Chantix is ridiculous, gives you crazy dreams and potential depression, but I'd go through it to simply quit. Smokes are going to be $11 a pack in Mass soon.

Newports are $11.50 here.