interpol pre-order

http://www.matadorrecords.com/store/index.php?catalog_id=525

"‘Interpol’ is available for preorders from the Matador Store . In additional to the venerable compact disc format (deluxe version available from us or from participating independent retailers across North America includes a poster), the album will be available in two different LP versions ; an economy-priced single LP at $13.00, and an 120 gram double vinyl edition (two 45 RPM 12″‘’s with large holes) at $19.00 (much like the deluxe CD, the double 12″ version will only be available from the Matador Store or from our friends at independent record shops). Matador Store preorders will receive a specially designed Interpol 45rpm adapter. A limited number (ie. one per day) of signed Shepard Fairey screenprinted portraits of Paul Banks, Daniel Kessler and Sam Fogarino are being given away as part of the preorder."

I noticed the 2x12" is also available online from https://www.auralexploits.com/product09_7900.htm, but it's basically the same price (and no 45 adapter?). Release date is Sept. 7th...

• 1 month later...

So are the adapters supposed to fit snug in the hole? I got the double lp with 45 holes plus the adapters but..... The adapter is too small! It just slips right through........idk maybe I'm doing something wrong or lots of people aren't gonna be happy.

This whole post is just a big "that's what she said" lol

So are the adapters supposed to fit snug in the hole? I got the double lp with 45 holes plus the adapters but..... The adapter is too small! It just slips right through........idk maybe I'm doing something wrong or lots of people aren't gonna be happy.

This whole post is just a big "that's what she said" lol

It doesn't fit snug it primarily makes it so the record won't slip back and forth. Don't worry it plays just fine.

I cleaned this record before playing it the first time. I do that with all of my records to remove mold release agents from the pressing plant. It had a lot of surface noise even after cleaning straight from the plant. I looked in the matrix and there it was... the circle U logo.... A United pressing. That's why it's warped and has surface noise.