Norma Jean - Meridonial

also, has anyone noticed the song a media friendly turn for the worse vocally is almost exactly like under a killing moon by thrice. the first time i heard it, it hit me. im sure it wasn't a rip off but, damn it sounds the same almost

I agree. It somewhat ruins the flow of the album for me because it really, really annoys me every time I hear it

also, has anyone noticed the song a media friendly turn for the worse vocally is almost exactly like under a killing moon by thrice. the first time i heard it, it hit me. im sure it wasn't a rip off but, damn it sounds the same almost

in a word, yes. my girlfriend said the exact same thing, as well.

norma jean was better when they were just trying to be noisy and loud all the time. i dont mind this record much in the same way that i didnt mind the antimother but 3 albums later, i know nothing theyre going to do is going to top bless the martyr or o' god. still, for what this record is -- its decent enough.

Pretty sure I read somewhere they chose to leave Solid State on their own or something like that, Notice they improve after leaving them, I guess SS was pushing them to sound less like BTMKTC/O God and more like... Bleh?

Checked out the leak of this to see if it was worth bothering with since The Anti-Mother was a huge letdown for me, Robots 3: Humans 0 is p much the only song I listen to from it. This album was a huge step up though, they brought back some of their roots while keeping the catchy hooks and clean vocals they've developed. Deff not a return to BTMKTC but it's far better than The Anti-Mother. For sure picking this up once I get the other LPs I want more out of the way.

norma jean was better when they were just trying to be noisy and loud all the time. - i know nothing theyre going to do is going to top bless the martyr or o' god. still, for what this record is -- its decent enough.

Once Scogin left, so did their edge (though O' God is still great). The closest modern thing you're going to get to old school Norma Jean is The Chariot. :/

norma jean was better when they were just trying to be noisy and loud all the time. - i know nothing theyre going to do is going to top bless the martyr or o' god. still, for what this record is -- its decent enough.

Once Scogin left, so did their edge (though O' God is still great). The closest modern thing you're going to get to old school Norma Jean is The Chariot. :/

I absolutely love The Chariot. The Fiance was probably one of my favorite albums in the last couple of years. The new one War and Rumors of War is pretty fucking good too.

Pretty sure I read somewhere they chose to leave Solid State on their own or something like that, Notice they improve after leaving them, I guess SS was pushing them to sound less like BTMKTC/O God and more like... Bleh?

Checked out the leak of this to see if it was worth bothering with since The Anti-Mother was a huge letdown for me, Robots 3: Humans 0 is p much the only song I listen to from it. This album was a huge step up though, they brought back some of their roots while keeping the catchy hooks and clean vocals they've developed. Deff not a return to BTMKTC but it's far better than The Anti-Mother. For sure picking this up once I get the other LPs I want more out of the way.

Thanks man.

i need to pick up this and i still need to pick up the anti mother haha.

it's way better than the anti mother, maybe better than reedemer. o God and Bless the Martyr are still the best though.

Their contract with solid state was up and since people are mentioning the chariot someone get on getting someone to press all their albums :)

I absolutely love The Chariot. The Fiance was probably one of my favorite albums in the last couple of years. The new one War and Rumors of War is pretty fucking good too.

Yeah, everything from The Chariot is mad good, they're basically the direction Norma Jean should've gone if they had to ditch the Bless The Martyr sound.

If you like Norma Jean, the newest A Hope For Home album "Realis" sounds a lot like a Norma Jean record.

Now that you mention it, Realis is in a way like a post rock/hardcore NJ album. It's pretty solid though I liked The Everlasting Man better. Realis is cool to chill to but it doesn't hold my attention as much.

Also god yes, I'd love to see The Chariot get pressed.

I actually really like all of the recent Chariot output.

I really like Meridonial. I'm a big fan of Redeemer and O'God the Aftermath too. The Anti-Mother was meh for me but not bad necessarily so Meridonial is definitely a step forward from that album.

I know that keyboard player in A Hope for Home. Nice guy