which new ipod to buy

tim

I have some gift cards to put towards a new ipod and I can't decide between the 16 gig touch and the 160 gig classic. Anybody have a recommendation? I have the pros and cons worked out as follows:

16 Gig Touch:

+- Not as much space, but not as much needed, because I can store everything on my hard drive and load the ipod with the music I am actually listening to.

160 Gig Classic:

+- Tons of space, but then I'm always scrolling forever to find whatever I'm currently into.

Is the fancy pants touch ipod worth the extra cash?

When it was time for a new iPod, I chose the touch. It holds the music I actually listen to. I mean an entire album is nice, but not always necessary unless you are completely in love with the whole thing.

The wifi and youtube are nice for school, plus I never have to miss another FAT release again (not that I ever have, but still)

Guest abravemorning

It depends on what's more important to you: fancy touchscreen or the ability to carry your entire music collection with you everywhere.

I have an 80gb classic. I love it.

I asked a guy at London Drugs about the Ipod Touches and he said he sees a lot get returned as defective. That could either be a problem, or just that most people are too retarded to use them. And from working at HMV and seeing all the retards bring back "DVDs that don't work" I'm inclined to believe the latter. But it's still a concern.

It depends on what's more important to you: fancy touchscreen or the ability to carry your entire music collection with you everywhere.

You say that as if the only new feature on the touch is the touch screen.

And Tim, I (as well as a few friends) have had ours since day 1, and they work just as good as they did when brand new. You've just got to take care of it, as with most devices like this.

Guest abravemorning

You say that as if the only new feature on the touch is the touch screen.

And Tim, I (as well as a few friends) have had ours since day 1, and they work just as good as they did when brand new. You've just got to take care of it, as with most devices like this.

The touch screen is the main selling point. It's advertised as an mp3 player with a touchscreen. Hence the name, "iPod touch."

It's nothing more than a gimmick.

Don't get the Touch, never buy a 1st gen Apple product.

QFT I had an ipodphoto that ate the dust sooo soon. The ipod video was the first one I had that didn't die on me.

That being said. I got my ipod 160g classic today for christmas. Now I can hold all the music library + videos (downloaded the gaslight anthem from fest today on punknews. . . SOOO pumped).

But if you think you need wifi and a nice screen then go with the touch.

But my vote = ipod classic

i'm going to be getting an 80 gb classic soon. i'd probably be able to fill it up but i don't need anything more than than that because it doesn't really make sense as i'd never listen to it all. right now, i still have my 4 gb mini that's lasted 2.5 years. i'm probably going to wait until it dies before i buy a new one, but depending how much my new turntable will cost i might get it sooner.

At this point I'm leaning towards the Touch, but it's still a tough call...

Currently I have a first gen Ipod photo with 50 gigs and it has been a workhorse since day one. When I worked in shipping/receiving I played it all day every day in addition to never stepping foot outdoors without it. I still use it a couple hours every day. So I'm not too concerned with first gen apple products unless there is something specifically dodgy about the current ipod touches...

Don't get the Touch, never buy a 1st gen Apple product.

QFT I had an ipodphoto that ate the dust sooo soon. The ipod video was the first one I had that didn't die on me.

That being said. I got my ipod 160g classic today for christmas. Now I can hold all the music library + videos (downloaded the gaslight anthem from fest today on punknews. . . SOOO pumped).

How do you get the Gaslight Anthem vid onto your IPOD? I can't figure it out.

How do you get the Gaslight Anthem vid onto your IPOD? I can't figure it out.

http://www.punknews.org/article/27069. Where it says click to download here click it. Update your itunes. Then just drag the video into itunes. You should be good to go.

I've got an 80 gig ipod video still running strong. I'm interested in the touch because the bigger screen. I like to put alot of music on my ipod as well as movies and tv shows because i travel alot and dont like toting a laptop every time. I think I will wait until they up the storage and work out some bugs before I go with a touch.

For the kid who carried a 120 case cd thing on the bus during middle school with booklets. THIS IS A DREAM COME TRUE LOL.

I was totally that kid too. The best part was that it was against the rules to have that shit, and one time during class a teacher asked me about it - he'd previously written me up for having headphones. I told him it was full of guns and drugs and he just laughed and ignored it.

Of course, said comment would get you sent up the river nowadays, but what are ya gonna do.

I'm all for storage > gimmicks, though my friend Jake got a touch iPod and it's sweet. Then again, our fair city is blanketed with free wi-fi.