your favourite hardcore album of 2007

I don't listen to much hardcore anymore. I really loved the X One Way X record Underground Communique, aka our pal Justin, put out (it came out last year, but I didn't hear it until this year). Either way, it's nice to see a talented group poke fun at the scene and keep it light hearted while also stomping my face with their short odes to folks like Al Roker. The tune Generic Hardcore Song (listen to it on their myspace if it's still there) is amazing on so many levels because it not only pokes fun at the hardcore formula, but also keeps that formula throughout. This album proves that mockery is indeed one of the best forms of flattery.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=4537429

Modern Life Is War - Midnight In America

why? because it's awesome.

fucking good record, and great packaging....

runners up:

108 - A new beat from a dead heart

Bad Brains - Build a nation

Capital - Homefront (haven't purchased it yet, and not enough listens, but first impression=good)

edit: almost forgot: Coliseum - No salvation

Modern Life Is War - Midnight In America

why? because it's awesome.

Am I the only one who was a little disappointed with this album? I love MLIW, but Midnight seemed to lack some of the intensity that they had on their other albums.

agreed.

for me, either:

living hell - the lost and the damned

or

capital - homefront

Guest scriptedrain
maybe it's because i'm from baltimore, but i think ruiner had one of the best releases of 2007.

At first I thought you meant A Wilhelm Scream. Their new one was sort of a letdown for me (and they're from New Bedford, MA, so I was really confused).

I love true old school hardcore. there are very very few new bands who do it for me anymore. I am an old man who caught the tail end of late 80's hardcore (think Bold, Youth of Today, Warzone, Side By Side) and it isn't even those bands (love em) but the bands that followed in the 90's like In My Eyes, Ten Yard Fight, Battery, Strife that I just can't get away from and it makes it very hard to get into new hardcore bands.