Just got a pile of jazz records for $6

I stopped at a garage sale, as I always do, and asked what I always ask: "got any records?" The woman says "no, he's the record guy" and points at her neighbor, who isn't having a garage sale. The neighbor says "I have hundreds of records, but they're mostly jazz unfortunately." I'm like "Dude, that's exactly what I'm looking for. $.25 each. I got so many Wes Montgomery albums it's crazy. Three are Japanese pressings with OBI strips. There are even two original-pressing Frank Zappa records in the pile. Nothing looks to be worth anything, but I didn't have any of them already and there's some great listening to be had in there. Brubeck, Mingus, Coletrane, Parker... Good stuff.

[image]

Most of the time I do too. I hit one the other day and the lady says "oh, I just threw a couple hundred albums in a dumpster last weekend." I'm sure it was a bunch of garbage but I still hate to see that. If I stop at a sale and they've got records I almost always buy at least one. Why not?

Most of the time I do too. I hit one the other day and the lady says "oh, I just threw a couple hundred albums in a dumpster last weekend." I'm sure it was a bunch of garbage but I still hate to see that. If I stop at a sale and they've got records I almost always buy at least one. Why not?

yeah i never was a garage sale guy until my wife got pregnant and i am always looking for stuff for the girls.

when i moved into my house about 3 years ago my step dad gave me all his records. he was a todd rundgren freak and that was what i grew up with. nazz, utopia and solo shit. i just wish he didnt store them in the garage for years. fucked up most of the sleeves.

Also just picked up another pile, including Herbie Hancock's "Headhunters."

Great album! Sextant, Crossings, and Mwandishi came out before it and are great as well despite being more experimental/electronic (as in awesome). Man Child and Thrust came out after and are more in line with Headhunters if you are looking for more funky 70s Herbie to enjoy. ;D

That is one of Zappa's best records, enjoy that shit :)

Yeah, I'm super stoked. The records were all very well taken care of, although the jackets were not. In any case, I was stoked to find that record. "Roxy & Elsewhere" is also in that pile, which is super good too. Probably one of the better live records I've ever heard.

Guest jessewhiskers
i wish i had someone to go to garage sales with.. no one will get up early enough to do so. fucking pussies..

Word!