would you be worried?

So I'm moving on Saturday and I basically packaged every single record I own in boxes. For some reason I'm worried that a few of the sections of my shelf got packaged where the records are laying flat on each other. What I mean is instead of being put in boxes how they sit on my shelf, its more along the lines of how you would ship lp's. Does that make sense? Maybe I'm just ocd and it doesn't matter.

Thanks for the advice.

I packed them yesterday and will be unpacking Saturday. Moving 10 minutes away but you see my concern here dude?

I think you'll be fine. Just be really gentle with them, keep them out of intense heat and sun (easier said than done in Texas) and unpack them as soon as you get to your new place, even if it's just to lean them against a wall while you grab your other stuff.

I'm moving too and am basically doing the same thing moving wise, but I packed them upright like they'd be on a shelf. That said, I think you'll be fine.

I just think about how many other people have records and they treat them like shit, but they are still pretty fine.

You'll be alright I think.

i've gotta move in a few weeks and last year when i did it i found these boxes from a box store that are made just for records.

i think they're 12 3/4 x 12 3/4 and they worked fine.

last time i let the movers take them but got scared when i saw them trying to carry them on their shoulder while using the other arm to carry something else heavy.

these guys were awesome and worked fast but it still just scared me if he dropped them they could go down the stairs.

that being said i might just tough it out and bring them myself this time.

but that's all i'm doing myself because with it being nearly 100 degrees in austin lately and trying to take all my furniture and other crap down 3 flights of stairs would kill me.

definitely worth the $400 for movers.

just a general moving tip-

When I had to move I packed my records flat and in boxes for a day or two. I was also worried, so I took all the gatefold LPs/LPs with thicker spines and packed them on the top of the stack. Then I took the LPs with "flatter" jackets and put them on the bottom. This helped keep the spines from getting smashed flat.