Judge strikes down Prop. 8

This is rad, I dont see how they could rule any other way on this.

Yeah seriously, the more you watch people argue from the other side the more idiotic it seems.

edit: I love how papers are doing a little bit of subtleeditorializing in their reports about this.

From the SF Chronicle:

Outside the U.S. District Court, dozens of people - most supporters of same-sex marriage - gathered long before ruling was announced. They carried American flags, played Bob Marley's "Get Up, Stand Up" and exchanged hugs.

A smaller group of supporters of Prop. 8 also stood outside the courthouse, carrying signs that read "Marriage = man and woman" and "Recriminalize sodomy."

the end of the article

Another step in the right direction. Not too surprising, though, as the case in support of prop 8 was pathetic at best.

And that sfgate article was beyond ridiculous.

Edit - Reading msnbc's article on it, I came across this gem.

Luke Otterstad, 24, of Sacramento, outside the courthouse with his fiance, Nadia Shayka, 22, wearing T-shirts that read "bride" and "groom": "I'm very upset. I feel like I don't live in America."

lol

As far as politics go, anti gay marriage people infuriate me more than anything else by a longshot

same.

i think it's because the only reasons that these people offer up for being against gay-marriage are religiously based, which should very obviously have absolutely nothing to do with the government or its laws. it frustrates me to no end arguing with people like this.

As far as politics go, anti gay marriage people infuriate me more than anything else by a longshot

same.

i think it's because the only reasons that these people offer up for being against gay-marriage are religiously based, which should very obviously have absolutely nothing to do with the government or its laws. it frustrates me to no end arguing with people like this.

Yeah that's exactly how I feel