Good Movies You've Seen Lately

searching for movies and found this, anyone know about it, seen it? how was it?

Border Radio (1987)

Los Angeles punk rocker Jeff (Chris D., of the band The Flesh Eaters) absconds to Mexico with money owed him for a gig. Problem is, Jeff stole the cash from the club's safe. His bandmate Dean (John Doe) and roadie Chris (Chris Shearer) desperately want to locate their friend and get their hands on their share of the loot. The loosely structured punk-rock drama features a soundtrack with music from several well-known '80s artists.

GO SEE 'NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN'.

I saw this movie and it was pretty bad ass.

also a good movie that I just rewatched for the first time in a while.

TRUE ROMANCE. its quenton tarantino

Actually, it's directed by Tony Scott, not tarantino. Tarantino just wrote it. Great movie nontheless

I actually really enjoyed Sweeny Todd

that movie was BADASS.

I think that I'll probably be starting a movie reviews thread coming up pretty soon. i will be working at home (for google!) and watching tv on dvd and movies all day while i work. so, i'm going to have a LOT of material.

can't wait to watch No Country For Old Men. just haven't found the fucking time.

Severance.

I was looking forward to this movie for a long time but it never ended up coming to theaters here. then a couple of months ago I bought it was pre-viewed at BBV because it was really cheap. I finally got around to watching it yesterday and was really impressed by how good it was.

i most recommend japanese cult film like ichi the killers and the audition if you like cult film (or wanna know hwat is a cult film)....

;)

Both AWESOME films. I've never seen a bad Takashi Miike film. Check out Visitor Q or Imprint if you want to see a really fucked up Miike movie. His musical The Happiness of the Katakuris is awesome as well.

Actually, speaking of Japanese movies, has anyone seen "Last Life in the Universe"? It has the same actor from Ichi and Miike is actually an actor in it as well. It's about a guy that wants to kill himself, but things keep coming up to prevent him from doing it. Its really good. Highly recommended.

i most recommend japanese cult film like ichi the killers and the audition if you like cult film (or wanna know hwat is a cult film)....

;)

In a similar vein, check out "OldBoy" or any of the "Revenge Trilogy" (Sympathy for Mr. Vengenge, OldBoy & Sympathy for Lady Vengence) by Chan-Wook Park. They're all fantastic Korean cult type movies. I prefer them to Takashi Miike stuff, personally.

;)

In a similar vein, check out "OldBoy" or any of the "Revenge Trilogy" (Sympathy for Mr. Vengenge, OldBoy & Sympathy for Lady Vengence) by Chan-Wook Park. They're all fantastic Korean cult type movies. I prefer them to Takashi Miike stuff, personally.

Word. Seriously amazing stuff! Oldboy has one of the best fight scenes ever caught on film.

I'm about to watch the newest Pirates of the Caribbean movie. I hope it is better than the last one, not that it wasn't entertaining, it just wasn't as good as the first.

So, I just finished it. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't amazing either. Anyone know if there is going to be another one? It seems like it to me, but it doesn't just leave you hanging like the last one did.

Juno just looks, well, made already. i dunno. I would have expected that to be a Zach Braf movie

Adaptation is EXCELLENT. damn, Meryl Streep scares the shit out of me.

I have I Am Legend downloaded, just haven't watched it yet. i've heard some mixed reviews.

Zach Braff would have made it craptastic. Don't get me wrong, Scrubs is one of my favorite shows, but I really don't like his movies. He bugs me when he's being serious.