conversations with famous people.

flood

I have a bunch of stories, but my two favorite are:

Me and Blake from Jawbreaker pissing in adjacent urinals before Jawbreaker took the stage at a small club. In the men's room, I'm a stare straight ahead kind of guy. So I'm doing my thing and someone says, "Hey, what's up." I'm ready to give the guy a lesson on restroom courtesy and a look to my left and see Blake. I say something like, "uh, hey, Blake, not much going on." I wished him well and he patted me on the back on his way out, while I was still pissing.

The second was running into Seinfeld in a parking garage in Manhattan. He was taking the cover off of his Porche and my ex-girlfriend's father and I were parking the car after dropping the ladies off at the restaurant. He looked terrified that we were going to talk to him, so I said "Hi Jerry!" as loud and obnoxious as I could. And he just gave us a stupid smile and nod and said hello. As we're walking out, my gf's father turns around and yells to him, "I bet that Costanza guy would've been a lot friendlier."

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh yeah, someone mentioned billie joe... i've never met him, but had a good friend of mine proudly show me pictures of her fucking him.

Pics or it didn't happen.

don't have the pics and don't want to see them again. i guess they played in lancaster and her one friend sold to them, then they all partied together after the show

I met Russ Rankin not too long ago and he's one of the most intimidating dudes ever! Especially for being like 5'6".

We had a short conversation in which I was a bumbling idiot saying how I miss Good Riddance and he told me about the live album of their last show coming out. Then I watched The Swellers and left halfway through Only Crime's set. I felt kind of bad, but I just can't really get into them.

I've met tons of people in bands just from going to shows and stuff. Some cool others not so much.

They guys in Boys Night Out and rad and funny as shit.

Although they suck now, The Higher are some of the most laid back dudes I've ever hung out with. Pretty funny as well.

The only time I freaked out meeting someone was when I met Pat Thetic from Anti-Flag and Chris Conoly from Saves The Day. Pat was nice and thought it was cool that I flew from Alaska to San Francisco's Warped date just to see them. I was an idiot when I talked to Chris and just freaked him out.

I did meet a bunch of people when I was an assistant manager at a movie theater in downtown Seattle. Barry Pepper, Kanye West, Roosie O'Donald, Adam Sandler was pretty nice.

I can't remember his name but the guy who directed Clear and Present Danger is a total prick. He almost got in a fist fight with the projection manager.

It was kind of surreal seeing the bass player from The Blood Brothers while I was getting food at QFC.

i've met brendan kelly on multiple occasions. one time before a show at bloomfield ave. in montclair, nj, i was standing outside of a chinese food place smoking and he was out there just talking with this guy (who actually i have become really great friends with), and he asked me how old i was. i had a pretty full beard at the time and i was 15. he said that i looked older than 18.

another time at a more recent lawrence arms show, i shouted "penis manwich" to brendan and he kneeled down and said "that is the greatest thing anyone has EVER yelled." i think 'penis manwich' is the name of the first lawrence arms song ever written.

Guest falloutcollapse

I met Geoff Rickly this past November, he's my hero. I was waiting in line for a Thursday show about 4 hours before the show started, and it was me and my 2 friends in line, and he walked up to us and just started talking. We talked for about an hour, and then he invited us inside the venue to talk because it was cold and we still had a long time before the show started. Nicest guy ever, best band ever, I was so starstruck. During the show, he came down right to me, and gave me the mic. After the show, the band personally came down to give me a drumstick, a setlist, and a signed note. It was awesome, best day of my life probably.

i've met brendan kelly on multiple occasions. one time before a show at bloomfield ave. in montclair, nj, i was standing outside of a chinese food place smoking and he was out there just talking with this guy (who actually i have become really great friends with), and he asked me how old i was. i had a pretty full beard at the time and i was 15. he said that i looked older than 18.

another time at a more recent lawrence arms show, i shouted "penis manwich" to brendan and he kneeled down and said "that is the greatest thing anyone has EVER yelled." i think 'penis manwich' is the name of the first lawrence arms song ever written.

the one time I talked to brendan kelly and the fest it sort of went like this

Me: "hey man nice set. you guys are sick"

Him" slur slur slur slur slur thanks"?

he also spit all over me trying to talk hahaha good times

I've run into Mr. Kelly during some interviews and he's recognized me once or twice. Which is really odd because I'm horrifically awkward. The best had to be at the Fest. I'm walking into the back of Common Grounds with a pizza (right next to the main line) and Brendan is walking the other way and goes, "Hey!" kinda Fonzie-ish and as he walks by me he does this huge open handed roundhouse slap on my ass. I was honored and confused.

I've run into Mr. Kelly during some interviews and he's recognized me once or twice. Which is really odd because I'm horrifically awkward. The best had to be at the Fest. I'm walking into the back of Common Grounds with a pizza (right next to the main line) and Brendan is walking the other way and goes, "Hey!" kinda Fonzie-ish and as he walks by me he does this huge open handed roundhouse slap on my ass. I was honored and confused.

thats hilarious. ahahha

At a TBS/Coheed show, some friends and I had some drinks with Claudio, then I asked Ed from TBS to take a picture of the 5 of us. Even though I lost the picture, the awkwardness of that will live on

I've talked with Karl from Earth Crisis a few times over the last couple of years

Thats all i can remember for now

dave is the man and one of the only people ive always wanted to meet but would probably be to scared to say anything

This one time I met YOU at the Fest.

I win at the best celebrity story.

i met you in riverside, and you were drunk and called jenny 15 a bitch, and it was awkward, then we all laughed about it afterwords.

i just brought the good vibe down. sorry.

This one time I met YOU at the Fest.

I win at the best celebrity story.

i met you in riverside, and you were drunk and called jenny 15 a bitch, and it was awkward, then we all laughed about it afterwords.

Holy shit how do you remember that? haha

Anyways, the bitch comment totally didn't come out the way it should have. I'm not going to make excuses for myself or try explain it, but I definitely didn't mean it in any way to put her down, it was supposed to be a joke but I fuck everything up and say stupid shit.

Anyways, no worries about it now, we're cool about it. I just don't want people to hate me for being a mysoginist (I'm not). I am an asshole, though... hate me for that.

I met Aaron Danger at the Fest and he was handing out PO!!!>BTMI! shirts and was all, "You want one?" and I was like, "Sure" and he was like, "Cool, I'll get one" and then he never gave me a shirt. Later I ran into him in the hall while I was drunk...I think we talked.

I also met Steve Wozniak...Dude is like a freakin' Care Bear.

Holy shit how do you remember that? haha

Anyways, the bitch comment totally didn't come out the way it should have. I'm not going to make excuses for myself or try explain it, but I definitely didn't mean it in any way to put her down, it was supposed to be a joke but I fuck everything up and say stupid shit.

Anyways, no worries about it now, we're cool about it. I just don't want people to hate me for being a mysoginist (I'm not). I am an asshole, though... hate me for that.

For the record

KYLE IS A SWEETHEART

i think everyone knew you were kidding, it was just said very awkwardly. but on to other things.

i met dante at fest, he doesn't even remember.