conversations with famous people.

flood

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had back stage passes to see the Offspring a few years back, I got to talk to all of them. My buddy was wearing a Snapcase hoodie and Noodles looks at him funny and goes "Snaaaaaapcaaase?!?" -- Kind hard to explain via text.

At the same show MxPx played along with Cypress Hill. I was talking to Yuri, ugliest man alive, and Cypress Hill walked by with their entire posse, it was hilarious.

Anyone remember that show Even Stevens on Disney? The one with Shia Lebouf (sp?). Anyways, I ran into the character of the older brother, Donny (I don't know his real name), at Downtown Disney one time.

Also, Jason Lee sat next to me in the lobby of the Henry Fonda Theatre one night while I was waiting for my girlfriend to leave the bathroom. It was for a ...Trail of Dead show. There is a funny story about it but its kinda long and doesn't go over so well unless I actually say it.

Those are my only run ins with celebrities.

Guest scriptedrain
Anyone remember that show Even Stevens on Disney? The one with Shia Lebouf (sp?). Anyways, I ran into the character of the older brother, Donny (I don't know his real name), at Downtown Disney one time.

Also, Jason Lee sat next to me in the lobby of the Henry Fonda Theatre one night while I was waiting for my girlfriend to leave the bathroom. It was for a ...Trail of Dead show. There is a funny story about it but its kinda long and doesn't go over so well unless I actually say it.

I gotta hear your Jason Lee story.

That's funny, because Morrissey once stalked me at a Trail Of Dead show at the Wiltern in Los Angeles. Weirded the shit out of me.

I once saw Jason Lee riding his bike through Hollywood at 2AM with his buddy, full Earl mustache and all.

Here's the abridged version... basically, a lady walked up to where we were sitting and handed us and the people around us flyers. She said, "here's a flyer" or something along those lines, but she had a British accent. Jason Lee looked at the flyer and, "Ohhh... a flyer for a show! How delightful!" in a fake British accent. The lady, obviously not knowing who he was, asked if he was from England. He just responded, "No."

Its not as funny when you read about it. His delivery of the whole thing and her face after he said no was priceless. She felt kind of dumb, I think.

Guest scriptedrain

Here's the abridged version... basically, a lady walked up to where we were sitting and handed us and the people around us flyers. She said, "here's a flyer" or something along those lines, but she had a British accent. Jason Lee looked at the flyer and, "Ohhh... a flyer for a show! How delightful!" in a fake British accent. The lady, obviously not knowing who he was, asked if he was from England. He just responded, "No."

Its not as funny when you read about it. His delivery of the whole thing and her face after he said no was priceless. She felt kind of dumb, I think.

That actually sounds hilarious.

Interesting thread.

I have met a few famous and semi-famous people in my years on this planet. Some that come to mind:

Alexi Lalas - at the time he was playing for the New England Revolution. This was when the MLS was in its first year and the Rev were practicing at the soccer grounds at my university. I worked at Blockbuster Music (remember them?) at the mall and he came in one morning. Nice guy. Since the store was dead and no one else around, him and I had a lengthy conversation. Mostly about music and bands; he's a huge punk fan. We barely talked about soccer.

Marilyn Manson - This was before the whole Anti-Christ Superstar b.s. Since they were locals at the time, they would always come in to the store. Their first record had just come out. Scary-looking but helluva nice guy...at least back then...since I was pretty involved in the local music scene we had friends in common and just b.s.'ed.

AFI - Met them during a meet-and-greet on their last tour. Nice guys as well. I spent more time talking to Hunter and Adam. All the goth emo chicks were busy jockin' on Davey.

Henry Rollins - I was ultra-nervous meeting him. Being that I have been a longtime fan and also look up to him, I was freaking out. He's always willing to meet fans after his shows...esp. the spoken-word ones...Chris (benchwarmer) can attest to this. He had been chatting to the guy before me about the West Memphis Three and I pretty much jumped on that as well. I also asked him about any more Rollins Band re-issues. He was very humble and appreciative of the fans.

Glenn Danzig - I only saw him. This was waaaaaaay back in 1991 when I lived in Louisville, KY. He had produced the deubt record for Kinghorse, a local band. At the record release show, he was in attendance. I was floored at how short he was!

yea I was tripping over words when I met Henry. I talked to him for a minute about vinyl, he said "never get to the point where you have multiple copies of the same record" I said "I already am there" we got a picture then he talked to someone else. my heart was beating out of my chest.

the only time i was ever really star struck, was when tim armstong kinda wandered into a conversation i was having with one of the dudes from troma/backseat conceptions and one of our merch guys.. tim walks over and starts talking about adult indie films. i didnt even have to acknowledge the fact that one of my favorite musicians was standing right next to me, because i was just having my mind blown at how retarded the conversation was.

for the multiple time's i have conversations with tim, 3 of the times he came up to me and as fucking amazing it was cause rancid is my favorite band and i wouldn't be who i was without them, it was really weird especially cause you don't expect famous people to walk up to people randomly, its supposed to be the other way around.

I met Henry outside of his spoken word in San Francisco. It was funny because my wife (girlfriend at the time) called right as he came up to me. I pretty much looked at the phone number and went, "Would mind saying hi?". He answered the phone, "This is Hank" and pretty much had a three minute conversation with my wife.

When I saw him at a show a few months later I mentioned that and he says, "God, I hate doing that stuff. I just don't know what to say. I wasn't a jerk was I?" Not rude at all but just totally apologetic. But yeah, in our picture he has a big sweater and looks like a cancer victim.

I guess the most people I met happened when I sold shirts for 2000 warped tour. I actually got yelled at (by another staff person) for asking Billie (Billy?) Joe to move so I could get by with a box of shirts. It was a little surreal.

Oh, and Joe Montana went to my church. He's man pretty.

most famous bands were tim from cursive, jorge from the casualties, thomas from strike anywhere, and MC Lars and i talked for a good 45 mins the one night about nerdy shit. also, in high school my best friend's sister dated the accordian player from flogging molly. so i've met dave, bridget, and him... skated once with a few of those guys too.

as far as athletes, i've met a ton of pirates and steelers guys (mostly when i was younger, like til the 98 season). Duffy and Sharpless got into a conversation with me the one night because i was wearing a flogging molly hoodie and Duffy is a big fan of theirs. Sharpless also liked them, but seemed more amazed that i had one of his cards... it was the first time he'd ever seen it.

also, from when i lived in wilkes-barre, i partied with a ton of penguins. Colby, MAF, Mad Max, Ryan Stone, Ryan Whitney, Ryan Malone, EC, Koci, Bonvie, Carcillo... i think 15 of the 18 regulars on that team that year are in the NHL now. most of them dated girls from Wilkes, so you'd go to parties around campus and they'd be there.

and finally, i once talked to sidney on his cell... well, more like i studdered then said something like you are a god... a girl who went there was friends with him and slept with him when they were both 16. this chick was easily in the top 3 hottest i've ever seen personally. anyways, during his rookie season in bio lab i'm talking to another guy about the (real) pens and she cut into our conversation and said she slept with him and is friends with him. we both thought she was full of shit, til she called him.

ive got a few funny stories regarding semi famous people..... mostly from when my olld ska band did a week on warped tour, our name was Bum RucKus. We were in the production office getting paid 1 night and lars from rancid was in there, we were talking to the production guy getting our 50 bucks and he looked at us and said "what the fuck is a bum ruckus"(in a funny friendly way) the next few days we saw him he teased us about our name. Another year the bosstones were playing and our guitar player went to buy some merch from them , dicky was selling thier shit and we got in a small converstaion about ska on the warped tour. A few years before that when I was maybe 14 I was being a smart ass and saw dicky outside of a show I decided in my best dicky barret impression to say " Hi im dicky barret and I talk like this" he didnt think it was funny and responded with " very fuckin funny kid"

Guest baseball
oh yeah, someone mentioned billie joe... i've never met him, but had a good friend of mine proudly show me pictures of her fucking him.

Come on, everyone knows Billie Joe has a posse of human doubles, like Osama Bin Laden.

on warped 2003 i drove a very intoxicated drummer of the ataris to search for an ihop that didnt exist on a promise for free breakfast. we eventually settled on mcdonalds, and when a girl at the counter commented on the fact that he had " and earring on his eyebrow" he whipped his shit out to show her the piercing... luckily they had a song on the radio, and we explained who he was, and that he was kinda a big deal. he signed a few autographs (cock still hanging out) while we made him buyus the most expensive mickey d's breakfast ever.