when you're in the concert

Yeah, not liking sweaty dicks jumping around on me and grabbing me gives me a jock mentality, right? Go state and whatnot. ::)

Be a real man and walk away. Punching is totes for jocks. GO TEAM STATE ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like being front and center whenever possible. I can tune out everybody else and focus on the music. I'm using singing/screaming along (pending on the music). If I have my camera I don't have shit-heads in my way blocking my shots as well. I'm usually moving to the music to some degree as well.

Yeah, not liking sweaty dicks jumping around on me and grabbing me gives me a jock mentality, right? Go state and whatnot. ::)

Haha listen here BRO...no, I'm kidding.

No jock mentality here -- you're using incorrect judgment over the internet; I understand how easy it is to do such, so try not to.

By me "grabbing" people and moving around, I meant that as to include the individuals who are insecure toward showing their enjoyment for music, and those individuals who are worried they'll get hurt. I'm a big dude -- not the biggest, but big enough to where I actually help people when they're getting smashed by real moshers and I'll rip out someone's kidney if they crowdsurf and decide to kick random people in the back of the head because they cannot stand still.

I'm the big brother at these shows.

So fuck you, BRO. I'll ice you, son. Word.

i try to avoid bodily injury to myself and my camera, and take photosssss.

During the We Are Scientists show at my school last spring, I was working for the radio station and thought it would have been a great idea to take pictures with my D40 (shitty compared to probably what you own haha, but for me it's a treasure).

Somehow, some way, a semi-mosh started during "Nobody Moves, Nobody Gets Hurt" which I love, so I said screw it and jumped right in the center....well the clip covering my SD card broke off, my strapped almost snapped, and someone's face hit my glasses which popped out a lens, and as I walked over to the DJ table, a friend walked up with the clip and my lens. Lucky me! Even though it's scratched to hell, it was a damn blast, but I will never do that again.

i basically jump/bounce and dance the whole time, genre permitting. i'm that annoying asshole knocking your beer out of your hand if you're close to the action- get up, get into it!!! i can't stand bored looking hipsters at shows. I'll be singing along if i know the band, but only if it's a non-acoustic set (respect).

i believe in enjoying the moment.

i believe in enjoying the moment.

I feel like I had to go into great detail so that there could be tranquility within this thread, but what you said was what I am referring to.

And if I knock anyone's beer over, I'm buying them one.

I honestly try to get to know everyone who's surrounding me, mainly because if I have to leave to piss or get more beer, I'm able to swim through the crowd haha...worst case scenario is I just piss myself since I'm already drenched with my sweat and sweat from others.

No jock mentality here -- you're using incorrect judgment over the internet; I understand how easy it is to do such, so try not to.

By me "grabbing" people and moving around, I meant that as to include the individuals who are insecure toward showing their enjoyment for music, and those individuals who are worried they'll get hurt. I'm a big dude -- not the biggest, but big enough to where I actually help people when they're getting smashed by real moshers and I'll rip out someone's kidney if they crowdsurf and decide to kick random people in the back of the head because they cannot stand still.

[image]

What you don't seem to understand is that people enjoy shows in different ways. Just because someone isn't jumping around doesn't mean they're insecure. Your revised statement doesn't change anything. I go out of my way to not be jumped on or pushed around at a show. I don't think it's fun, I guess I'm just old. I just like to watch the band and listen to the music. But I swear to god if you grabbed me and tried to drag me into that shit, it wouldn't be pretty. You need to learn to respect people's personal space.

There is no such thing as personal space at a rock show. I will argue that if you grab a dude and hes not into it, you back off and look for greener pastures, but reacting to that situation violently is a pretty good way to ruin everyone's night.

[image]

Hahaha jesus christ that looks nothing like me -- I'm missing the following:

1) Tan

2) Baseball Cap

3) Hoodie

4) Pissed off demeanor

5) Hardcore sleeves

6) Mesh Shorts

7) Brass Knuckles

8) Leg and Neck Tattoos

9) Nike Kicks

10) Facial Hair

Pretty much a thick frame is all I possess, but I keep losing weight so even that soon will be on the list.

What you don't seem to understand is that people enjoy shows in different ways. Just because someone isn't jumping around doesn't mean they're insecure. Your revised statement doesn't change anything. I go out of my way to not be jumped on or pushed around at a show. I don't think it's fun, I guess I'm just old. I just like to watch the band and listen to the music. But I swear to god if you grabbed me and tried to drag me into that shit, it wouldn't be pretty. You need to learn to respect people's personal space.

Goddamnit I'm tired of explaining this shit -- it seems like your mind is set on bullshit from your own personal experiences, and your continually judging me by it (just a guess).

I fucking know when people are just trying to enjoy a show and not wanting to jump in and hold on for a crazy orgy.

I even stand back myself during some shows -- like when I saw Coliseum in Harrisonburg, VA...I'm not that fucking crazy to jump in and get demolished by kids foaming from the mouth. It's hilarious to watch, but painful on the body.

But, when I saw Mono, I had my eyes closed for nearly their entire set, just swaying back and forth like a fucking tree! a fucking treeeeeee!!! (which reminds of that part in Phenomenon)

If I see a bunch of people jumping up and yelling the lyrics, I want to join them. I also don't want to hurt the people around me, so I let them know to let me know if I bother them, but when the place is packed, it's difficult not to occasionally bump into someone who's trying to enjoy the shit peacefully.

Now, for the love of God, if I decide to grab someone and have them enjoy the show more, I can tell if they're being kept behind an enjoyment wall because I was there at one point, and still am at times. I'm not trying to ruin the time of their life goddamnit, I'm trying to embrace that shit!

Can't we jutht get along, rethet thmith?

i try to avoid bodily injury to myself and my camera, and take photosssss.

During the We Are Scientists show at my school last spring, I was working for the radio station and thought it would have been a great idea to take pictures with my D40 (shitty compared to probably what you own haha, but for me it's a treasure).

Somehow, some way, a semi-mosh started during "Nobody Moves, Nobody Gets Hurt" which I love, so I said screw it and jumped right in the center....well the clip covering my SD card broke off, my strapped almost snapped, and someone's face hit my glasses which popped out a lens, and as I walked over to the DJ table, a friend walked up with the clip and my lens. Lucky me! Even though it's scratched to hell, it was a damn blast, but I will never do that again.

hey, the best camera is the one you have with you! :]

you are braver (or dumber? haha) than i am, sir! i avoid the mosh at all costs. usually i either a. find a nice place off to the side to shoot from, b. random guys run defense for me and keep big dudes away from me or c. i befriend the band and shoot onstage.

i can usually hold my own at shows, and people are usually respectful of my camera, but if some asshat thats trying to 'hardcore dance' purposely runs into me or touches my camera, he will get a punch in the face. or somewhere else that will hurt more.

also, this one time a long time ago, my sister and i were at a show and this big dude tried to stage dive right onto us, and we both saw him coming, stepped aside, and he face planted on the floor. SERVES YOU RIGHT, DUDE TRYING TO CROWDSURF ON GIRLS 1/3 YOUR SIZE.

hey, the best camera is the one you have with you! :]

you are braver (or dumber? haha) than i am, sir! i avoid the mosh at all costs. usually i either a. find a nice place off to the side to shoot from, b. random guys run defense for me and keep big dudes away from me or c. i befriend the band and shoot onstage.

i can usually hold my own at shows, and people are usually respectful of my camera, but if some asshat thats trying to 'hardcore dance' purposely runs into me or touches my camera, he will get a punch in the face. or somewhere else that will hurt more.

also, this one time a long time ago, my sister and i were at a show and this big dude tried to stage dive right onto us, and we both saw him coming, stepped aside, and he face planted on the floor. SERVES YOU RIGHT, DUDE TRYING TO CROWDSURF ON GIRLS 1/3 YOUR SIZE.

Hahaha I wish I could've seen that -- I pictured cartoon short of that incident and wish for it to be published.

I'm brumber, it's a combination.

As for befriending the band, that's a great idea and it definitely worked with We Are Scientists. After the "Shep Fest", I briefly talked to them and Keith told me to hang on for a bit so they could get their equipment in the van. After doing so, I got to take a bunch of random photos of them and then said our goodbyes. However, fastforward an hour, and as I was walking with a few friends, I saw the guys walking across main street, so I joined up with them and ate dinner at Kazu (Thai/Japanese Cuisine).

After all of that awesomeness, the thing I enjoyed the most was them signing my record -- Keith made a nice eye patch for one of the cats on the cover which ruled.

I can tell if they're being kept behind an enjoyment wall because I was there at one point, and still am at times.

An "enjoyment wall"?

You're explaining a whole bunch of shit I don't care about. I'm not against people having fun at shows in their own way, whether that's jumping around like a lunatic or just standing and watching. What I'd really like to know is how you can tell the difference between the latter and someone who is stuck behind an "enjoyment wall." I've seen a lot of big dudes jumping all over small girls, putting their arms around people who are obviously just trying to enjoy the show, and people being unwillingly pushed into pits. It's frustrating for me if I'm on stage and I have to watch people's good time being ruined by people who I'm sure have the best intentions.

I'm not trying to be a dick (it comes naturally). You seem like a fun guy.