Blink182-TakeOffYourPants&Jacket LP @ Hot Topic

travis

Not really as simple as that and its not as if HT exists to only support major labels and take down the "little guy". HT has been supporting independent bands and labels for years. If I can get a record pressed that people want to buy from HT then Im going to do what I can to do that. Im not telling anyone they should cancel their order with MTS, Im just giving people another option.

And we thank you for that :D

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While this is kind of awesome, it is also kind of unnerving, as we're all rooting for a giant corporation to essentially take down the little guy.

Not really as simple as that and its not as if HT exists to only support major labels and take down the "little guy". HT has been supporting independent bands and labels for years. If I can get a record pressed that people want to buy from HT then Im going to do what I can to do that. Im not telling anyone they should cancel their order with MTS, Im just giving people another option.

Oh, for sure, I probably defend Hot Topic as much as you do in my day-to-day life. Just sayin', from an outsiders' perspective, it could look a little weird.

Oh, for sure, I probably defend Hot Topic as much as you do in my day-to-day life. Just sayin', from an outsiders' perspective, it could look a little weird.

Definitely, hahaha. Hot Topic in general, though. My little brother's eyes almost bugged out of his head when I said how much I liked Hot Topic now due to the vinyl. He's of the 'burn it down' mentality ;)

haha And I appreciate that!

I can totally see how it would look a little weird but the people who know about how this whole thing has gone will understand. I hope people buy this version and the MTS one. I have no interest in fucking over any labels, especially independent ones.

I know a lot of people want this record and a lot dont want to deal with MTS and have already gotten refunds so I wanted those people to still be able to get a record that they want.

I can totally see how it would look a little weird but the people who know about how this whole thing has gone will understand. I hope people buy this version and the MTS one. I have no interest in fucking over any labels, especially independent ones.

I know a lot of people want this record and a lot dont want to deal with MTS and have already gotten refunds so I wanted those people to still be able to get a record that they want.

I can definitely see how some people may be pissed at the big vs little thing, but this is such a small pressing and as you said, loads don't want to deal with MTS again.

Just gotta try set me up some kinda agreement with someone to ship this & S/T to me here in the UK.

Is there any word on a shipping prices review?

I can definitely see how some people may be pissed at the big vs little thing, but this is such a small pressing and as you said, loads don't want to deal with MTS again.

Just gotta try set me up some kinda agreement with someone to ship this & S/T to me here in the UK.

Out of curiosity, are personal shipping prices from the U.S. to the U.K. (and vice-versa) generally cheaper than labels shipping rates?

Out of curiosity, are personal shipping prices from the U.S. to the U.K. (and vice-versa) generally cheaper than labels shipping rates?

Most labels charge pretty much what it costs ($12-$15 for the first LP) but HT shipping starts at $30

if you want to know where all the MTS supporters are look no further than absolutepunk. quite a few "fuck this i want MTS" over there when this was posted.

Shipping prices are the same, unfortunately.

The price on the record will be $19.99

Shipping prices are the same, unfortunately.

The price on the record will be $19.99

Damn, I'd have spent so much money on vinyl from you guys over the yrs, but the shipping is what stops me sadly. Hopefully someone can pick these Blink records up for me when they're all available.

Glad to see this happening for the people that just want to be able to play this record finally without spending some money on ebay for it... Not a Blink fan myself, but it is nice to see, so +1 for Travis.

I wonder what is going through the minds of MTS at the moment.. haha

Anyways, lets get those HT shipping prices down! (:

Why is HT shipping so high for international? Why dont they refund the difference? Not trying to start shit Travis, just curious as to why a business has it set that way. I couldnt care less about this record being pressed as Im not a fan, but I do think its cool that you are repressing it so people can finally get it after having their money tied up into that Ponzi scheme of RJs.

I wonder what is going through the minds of MTS at the moment.. haha

they don't care. if all the idiots on absolutepunk who don't care about being jerked around at every bend and corner are any indication, plenty of people will continue to throw their money at MTS despite their reputation of piss poor customer service and multiple months on end delays. MTS will continue to count on those morons to give them a revenue stream.

Why is HT shipping so high for international? Why dont they refund the difference? Not trying to start shit Travis, just curious as to why a business has it set that way. I couldnt care less about this record being pressed as Im not a fan, but I do think its cool that you are repressing it so people can finally get it after having their money tied up into that Ponzi scheme of RJs.

Well its just that HT.com only has 1 Internation option for shipping and its basically a flat rate $30 FedEx shipping. So it generally does cost about that much to ship that method. Its not like they are shipping something media mail and charging $30 for it and pocketing the change. Why they cant add other internation options, Im not really sure. Its not really anything I have influence over.

ps- I will order this most likely, but I'm not cancelling my MTS order. I really feel that their packaging will be incredible......even if I get it in June haha.

I kicked this around, because as piss poor as the customer service has been, that (hypothetical, theoretical) packaging is really nice - however, at this point, I'd rather support a flipper than MTS.

I bought Enema from MTS, had to wait through delays - I bought Dude Ranch and self-titled on here from members, and I'll do the same for TOYPAJ if I end up wanting that packaging - way less hassle that way.

I wouldn't say waiting and having to do nothing is much of a hassle...having to cancel your order then buy it off someone on here or Ebay is way more of a hassle.

Travis should set aside a small surplus for all us poor VC bastards that got the meat.

haha Sorry, thats not really possible.

Travis, you ever tried to get any Ryan Adams albums pressed exclusively for HT? Im really wishing one day he would be willing to release his saDRAcula albums on vinyl. The albums are Fasterpiece and Let It Be Minus.

Nah, not really something I could sell enough of at HT.

Travis, is there any way to press more than 500 of these? I have a feeling 500 just isn't enough to go around (unless that's the point- making it limited), especially with all of the people getting refunds from MTS. I don't think you'd have a problem selling out 1000.

Yea, if these sell out really quick, Im sure I could get another pressing of 500, 1000, whatever...

Travis should set aside a small surplus for all us poor VC bastards that got the meat.

haha Sorry, thats not really possible.

Nah, not really something I could sell enough of at HT.

Travis, is there any way to press more than 500 of these? I have a feeling 500 just isn't enough to go around (unless that's the point- making it limited), especially with all of the people getting refunds from MTS. I don't think you'd have a problem selling out 1000.

Yea, if these sell out really quick, Im sure I could get another pressing of 500, 1000, whatever...

Are you serious about the Ryan Adams? That's a joke right? Go check on ebay and see how much some of his limited edition 7"s go for. Honestly though, I doubt he'd ever give you those masters anyways now that he has his own record label. Definitely worth a taking a flyer though, IMO. I can personally guarantee if you did a run of 1,000 copies each, you'll sell out within an hour. If within a week, you haven't sold them all, I'll buy the rest. Haha.