Dexter Season 5 Discussion w/ Spoilers

born2bleed

I've invested 7 years into watching this show.  I want to like it and I still do to some extent but the quality of the writing just continues to bother the heck out of me.  Soooo many inconsistencies and downright implausible situations.  Not to mention story lines that end up going NO WHERE (Quinn, Lewis, I'm looking in your direction)

http://www.theonion.com/articles/coy-dexter-producers-hint-at-huge-plot-holes-in-se,30614/

SPOILER ALERT (you should have seen the finale by now)...

How exactly are Deb and Dex going to cover up what happened to La Guerta?

• Deb called in to find out La Guerta's location
  • Deb now has her DNA all over La Guerta's body
  • There's a bullet in La Guerta that can easily be traced back to Deb's firearm

I'm sure there are some other things that I'm overlooking but those are the big 3 that I can think of.

Thank god there's only one more season of this show left.  I can barely stand to watch it anymore.

I'm glad of the way it played out with Laguerta... it was a long time coming. I liked Hannah a lot and hope to see more of her next season. If she doesn't come back, I think Dexter and Jaime should hook up. She's practically Harrison's Mom anyway. Quinn should've been killed off two seasons ago.

All of the above pieces will be written off as Dexter is a professional forensics investigator and knows how to cover up/eliminate/destroy those pieces of evidence.

Which is why I struggle to enjoy the show.  The writing is just so awful and contrived.  If only they'd have hired someone that wrote for HBO's 'The Wire'.  He/She could show them how to not leave massive plot holes throughout a season.  Everything that's there should be there for a reason.

• 5 weeks later...

This season has been the most disappointing yet. As been said, too many plot holes and unresolved secondary storylines. Ever since after the Trinity Killer season, every season after has been start out strong and end strong but very weak middles.

I hope this was just a filler season for some crazy ass stuff to come next season. 

Deb kills Hannah

Department catches on that Deb is acting goofy

Deb cracks under pressure

Dex and Deb go to bone zone

Department finds out about Dex and Deb

Keeping it real goes wrong

They are on the run

One of them dies

End series

Also my friends are banking on a sequel series called Harrison, hope we are wrong but why not milk it even further after this sorry excuse of a season.

i bet they split the next season up if its the last, since they moved the premire date up

they moved the premiere up because shotime is adding two new shows.  schedule is looking like this,

Dexter - 30th June 2013, 9 PM

Ray Donovan - 30th June 2013, 10 PM

Homeland - 29th Sept 2013, 9 PM

Masters of Sex - 29th Sept 2013, 10 PM