Official VC Chicago Thread

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Snapcase's set list was terrible....and Daryl cannot scream as well as he used to, he was struggling on a few songs, most noticably during Harrison Bergeron.

Played way too much off of End Transmission, which is an album I really like, but in the context of playing this fest with a limited time and devoting the majority of their set to that album was a major let down. also they didn't play anything off of lookingglasself or Steps...or bright flashes, but that album barely counts

don't feel like listening to washed up guys playing the same chords over and over again? come to the windy city soul club at the empty bottle tonight!

SAT . 10/9/10 ( 10:00pm , $5 tickets available at the door buy )

Windy City Soul Club

http://www.myspace.com/windycitysoulclub

The WINDY CITY SOUL CLUB boasts that the "best rare soul DJs in Chicago come together to create the best party this city has ever seen," and if you're inclined to think real DJs need a box full of vinyl, you'll likely agree. Playing all original vinyl of the Northern Soul variety, Motown-style gems from labels that sometimes only had regional hits with ace dancing tunes as well as your favorite recognizable sing-along classics, if you've ever wanted to "shake a tail feather" tonight's your night to get dapper and get down. We are no longer selling advance tickets to the WCSC night, so get here early if you want to get down.

I was listening to XRT last night and they had a guest that was a professional record collector and chronicler. He brought in a bunch of records from this label called clean air which only put out around 10 soul 45s in chicago around 1970 and they went into serious detail about the background and the recording process. It was really cool and something you never hear on most stations.

don't feel like listening to washed up guys playing the same chords over and over again? come to the windy city soul club at the empty bottle tonight!

SAT . 10/9/10 ( 10:00pm , $5 tickets available at the door buy )

Windy City Soul Club

http://www.myspace.com/windycitysoulclub

The WINDY CITY SOUL CLUB boasts that the "best rare soul DJs in Chicago come together to create the best party this city has ever seen," and if you're inclined to think real DJs need a box full of vinyl, you'll likely agree. Playing all original vinyl of the Northern Soul variety, Motown-style gems from labels that sometimes only had regional hits with ace dancing tunes as well as your favorite recognizable sing-along classics, if you've ever wanted to "shake a tail feather" tonight's your night to get dapper and get down. We are no longer selling advance tickets to the WCSC night, so get here early if you want to get down.

I was listening to XRT last night and they had a guest that was a professional record collector and chronicler. He brought in a bunch of records from this label called clean air which only put out around 10 soul 45s in chicago around 1970 and they went into serious detail about the background and the recording process. It was really cool and something you never hear on most stations.

ya, my roommate's old co-worker djs at that thing. he's this kid who used to collect punk records but sold them all off to concentrate on getting really rare soul 7"s. he wouldn't even tell me how much he has spent on some of them, but i imagine it's ridiculous. i ended up not going, but my roommate did.

you'll be able to find parking on nearly any street west of broadway...that's magnolia, malden, beacon etc etc. parking is super easy. you can probably even park on lawrence west of broadway. it's all free, permit free parking. just don't leave anything of value in the open (like in any other part of the city). for food, there are lot of good thai places up on argyle. you can get really cheap bahn mi at a number of places if you go north of lawrence. for pizza, there is gigios at leland and broadway. don't be afraid of the outside, it's amazing thin pizza. oh, there is african food up and down broadway, mainly south of lawrence.

hope it's not too loud a show, last night i was trying to study and goddamn niick moon or something kept me up.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

[image]

this is tonight! it's 100% free. here's a list of Chicago VCers who will be there for sure:

- thedavidescapeplan (drumming for the burbs)

- mr. jaicomo (playing a solo set)

- me (playing a solo set)

- bobby (being an awesome dude)

the show starts at 8 and will go to probably about 1 or 1:30, so really you have no excuse not to make it out to this for at least a little bit. come say hi!

[image]

this is tonight! it's 100% free. here's a list of Chicago VCers who will be there for sure:

the show starts at 8 and will go to probably about 1 or 1:30, so really you have no excuse not to make it out to this for at least a little bit. come say hi!

COME OUT! You can buy a t-shirt with my face on it...it doesn't even have the band name, just me giving the thumbs up.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

document.write('+':ytsjbzws]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':ytsjbzws]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

Guest errolwest

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

{

document.write('+':lxf5nsrb]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':lxf5nsrb]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

[image]

The show was awesome.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

tonight, doors in 55 minutes!

[image]

Mexican Cheerleader

Canadian Rifle

American Draft

Mexican Cheerleader

yes, they're opening and closing the show, one set is all old songs, the other is the entire new LP, which can be downloaded for free at

http://undercomm.org/download/UCR029.zip

have a good night!