favorite hip hop songs ?

This year my favs are probably

Kendrick - Kill my vibe

Oddisee - Ready to Roll

POS - How We Land

Also for now I still like Blue Chips better than the latest Bronson mixtape.

And I second http://www.reddit.com/r/hiphopheads .. They had my mixtape up under the featured section for awhile and got me a ton of plays/downloads

This year my favs are probably

Kendrick - Kill my vibe

Oddisee - Ready to Roll

POS - How We Land

Also for now I still like Blue Chips better than the latest Bronson mixtape.

And I second http://www.reddit.com/r/hiphopheads .. They had my mixtape up under the featured section for awhile and got me a ton of plays/downloads

Now you have to post your mixtape

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I realize this post is pretty old, but I lovelovelove hiphop so just in case anyone stumbles across this:

dead prez, Pete Rock, Ill Biskits, Abstract Rude, Masta Ace (I really dig the "Sittin' On Chrome" record), Big Punisher (especially "Capital Punishment"), Cyne, Handbook (you can find them on bandcamp - they mostly do instrumentals, but if you check them out, I recommend listening to "Layerism"), Quasimoto, Jay Electronica, Jeru The Damaja, A Tribe Called Quest (one of the rappers in this group has his own solo work, you can find it all under the name Q-Tip), Hieroglyphics, Moka Only & Chief, Murs (I'm more partial to his older stuff  though), Raekwon, Nas (can't go wrong with "Illmatic"), Black Sheep, Binary Star, One Be Lo, Outkast (gotta listen to "Southernplayalisticadillicmuzik" if you haven't already), Redman, Soul Position, Rass Kass (mostly "Soul On Ice"), Doomtree (almost everyone raves about P.O.S., but I'm not too fond of them), RJD2, InI, Dälek, King Geedorah, Rage Against The Machine, Biz Markie (pretty old school), Company Flow, Lords Of The Underground, The Roots, Portishead, Eric Lau, DJ QBert, Del The Funkee Homosapien (and also Deltron 3030), Jurassic 5, Little Brother, Black Star, Biggie Smalls (of course, "Ready To Die" is solid; if you like Frank Sinatra, there's actually a dude who mixed Sinatra and Biggie's work together and it is MUCH BETTER than that BeatlesXWu-Tang mashup), Public Enemy, Teebs, Nujabes, Nosaj Thing, Jedi Mind Tricks, 9th Wonder and Buckshot, Extra Prolific, Elzhi, The Dynospectrum, if you're into Madvillain might wanna check out Cut Chemist, Cormega, Big L

Uh, that's all I can think of off the top of my head, but I have hundreds more in my iTunes. I used to be one of those chronic random track skipping people, but now I seem to listen to albums as a whole, so if you have any questions about which albums to start with or specific highlight tracks for any of the artists/groups I listed, hit me up and I can get you started.