What kind of phone should I buy

mcm1610

I got the Droid X, switched over to that from the Palm Pre (DO NOT GET THAT PHONE). It is the size of a small tank, but it takes some awesome pics, and that huge screen looks soooo nice. I guess the size of it is made up by the fact that it's thin. If ya can get used to an on screen keyboard i would go this way. After several yelling matches at the Palm, it's a good thing that the ex kicked me off her plan and i had to go back to verizon......

Droid X is the way to go. Yeah, it's a little long, but it's so thin you don't notice it in your pocket really. Also the dropbox app has changed my life. I type out all my notes for jokes I've been working on and upload it to the dropbox on my computer and whenever I'm out or stuck in a meeting I can pull the documents up on my phone without having to sync it to a computer. Thanks science!

Also the gps is baller.

Chanced upon a deal for the Epic for $99. Added it to my cart on Amazon, and it expired while I was retrieving my password, minutes later. Oh well. It's still up for $150, which beats the shit out of $349.99 with a $100 rebate.

I think I might do this depending on how hard it is to add myself to an existing plan through amazon.

I might be picking up the iPhone when it comes out. I've been due for an upgrade for a few months now and what better way than to get a nice smart phone.

Edit: Can anyone tell me what they're paying for their iPhone? I've heard it's like 90 bucks or so...

Family plan.

$65/mo

I forget how it all works out, but my brother and I split the $30 cost for unlimited texting for the whole family.

I went to the Verizon store today... the Droid X seems to be the front-runner but it is huuuuuuuuuuge. I don't know about that so much...

Droid Incredible isn't as mind-blowing as I hoped it was in person.

There's a Samsung that is the same cost as the Droid X, has android platform, but crazy-good color on its screen. Don't know much about it but it was impressive looking.

I went to the Verizon store today... the Droid X seems to be the front-runner but it is huuuuuuuuuuge. I don't know about that so much...

Droid Incredible isn't as mind-blowing as I hoped it was in person.

There's a Samsung that is the same cost as the Droid X, has android platform, but crazy-good color on its screen. Don't know much about it but it was impressive looking.

That samsung for verizon is similar to the one I got for TMobile. Incredible phone. Screen is HD super amoled.

handcent - for texting. wayyyy better than the stock app

batterytime - tells you what percentage of your battery you have left/how much time approx

angry birds - best game

alchemy - second best game

call confirm - if your phone is anything like mine, it just calls the person if youre on the dial pad as soon as you touch their name. this brings up a box that asks you to confirm that you want to call said person

delete old messages - itll delete anything older than a week or two to help clean out your texts without manually deleting them

jewels - just a fun game

pandora - duh.

ringdroid - really easy way to make customizable ringtones from songs

shazam - identify songs just by holding your phone up to the source

where - good for finding restaurants, etc around you

where's my droid - haven't had the need to use it yet, but if you lose your phone and it's on silent/vibrate, if you text 'where's my droid' to it, it turns the volume all the way up so you can find it.

paper toss - another fun game

google sky map - just awesome

google earth - again

dolphin browser

abduction - another fun game.

appbrain - alternative to the app market. saves all your apps, etc in case you need to wipe your phone for whatever reason.

word drop - another pretty fun game

Alchemy drives me nuts. I'm at 205 out of the 300 and I refuse to cheat. I haven't played it in a while though.

as of the latest update it's up to 330 total now!

and i only have 122 :[ but like you, i haven't played in awhile. at least, not since angry birds came out for android.

• 2 weeks later...

Droid X is the way to go on Verizion! I got mine a little over a month ago and I love it. I think i'm one of the only people who likes the size. My last phone (LG Dare) was WAY too small and I have pretty big hands so I find the size pretty comfortable. and there's like almost nothing it can't do!