The Gaslight Anthem to release a new 7" on Nov 26

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

The Gaslight Anthem to release a new 7 inch on November 26th, 2010 [click this link to see a bunch of photos]

ttp://sideonedummy.com/the-gaslight-anthem-to-release-a-new-7-on-november-26th-2010

Our friends at Side One Dummy just announced a brand new 7" from one of my favorite bands. The packaging looks really great and unlike most Gaslight Anthem records, these records will continue to stay in print with the hopes that people don't end up paying a fortune on Ebay. More info can be found below. I'm excited to hear these new songs.

From Side One:

We are REALLY excited to announce the release of a new 7” from The Gaslight Anthem on Friday November 26, 2010 exclusively at your local independent record store. (www.recordstoreday.com) The A side features a cover of The Rolling Stone’s “Tumbling Dice,” while the B-side features an original track “She Loves You,” recorded during the American Slang recording sessions. The packaging for this 7″ is very unique: The cover art is silk screened on a jacket that folds like an old shipping parcel (see picture below). The release comes in four colors (baby blue, black, white and brown) with the vinyl matching the jacket color.

Pressing details: This release will be available as long as there is demand for it, in all four colors, with no plans to limit the pressing. Please don’t overpay for this release on EBay. It should be readily available at all independent retail outlets that participate in Record Store Day. To find a store near you, go to the Official Record Store Day website!

http://www.recordstoreday.com/Venues

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 100% positive anyone who picks up a couple extra sets will have no problem reselling them online. I wouldn't want to take advantage of anyone's generosity, but I'd love to own a white or baby blue copy. I'll kick back a couple extra bucks for your effort! The closet record stores to me are in LA which is 2 hours away from me. Either way I know I'll have to pay a little extra, it sucks but this isn't a cheap hobby lol.

It seems like you guys didn't read that this will remain in print forever. You don't need to pay anyone extra anything, just wait until it's up for sale online.

was just about to post this!

and no one's asking anyone to buy it 4 times. if you feel the need to own the same record in all 4 colors, that's your own problem. haha.

if i was a label and i knew kids were dumb enough to blow that much money on all 4 colors, i'd totally do that. just sayin'.

there are very few bands, if any, that i would do that for.

but hey, just cuz it's not my thing doesn't mean it's not someone else's thing! so have at it, variant collectors!

Pretty sure there are not two record store days. This is just for sale at the same places that do record store day as a way to get people in throughout the year.

Yeah, that's the way I took it as well. Just using the same independant record stores. It does seem like there are a lot of special releases for Black Friday though. This, the live Metallica double 10" and the limited ed copy of The Black Keys "Brothers" with the extra 10" are all must haves for me.

well, thats the thing. What's the point of making this in four colors? Just do one color, one jacket. By doing 4 colors, they know that some people will buy it four times so it seems like more of a cash grab to me.

totally... how about 1 color and sell it forever... or until it stops selling... like RSD releases, uhm lame. how about the label or the artist just get a record that they only sell on ebay 1 at a time so at least they get the money from capitalizing on the ridiculous prices on ebay.

well, thats the thing. What's the point of making this in four colors? Just do one color, one jacket. By doing 4 colors, they know that some people will buy it four times so it seems like more of a cash grab to me.

totally... how about 1 color and sell it forever... or until it stops selling... like RSD releases, uhm lame. how about the label or the artist just get a record that they only sell on ebay 1 at a time so at least they get the money from capitalizing on the ridiculous prices on ebay.

AKA the dubmaverick technique.

TattooMike, what's this about a limited ed copy of The Black Keys "Brothers" with the extra 10" available on Black Friday?

I haven't heard of this and can't seem to find any info on it.

After reading on the mymetalclub site that there is also the live Metallica and Pantera's Cowboys From Hell Demos being released on vinyl Nov 26th I goggled searched "black friday vinyl releases". This is one of the pages that came up:

Vintage Vinyl