Q for anyone who's ordered a Fat Wreck 7" recently

Does anyone know what type of mailers Fat uses for their 7-inches? I really dig them and wanted to pick them up for my next release. Also, to anyone who has one of those lying around, what is the typical postage for mailing a 7-inch in it Media Mail? $1.77 is the number I have wedged in my head but maybe that's too high...

all the 7" mailers from fat that I have are Pactiv Gator-Pak. They are 7 1/2 x 7 1/2 and say cd on them.

1st class shipping is $1.81 on all of em. Here's a place that has them $80 for 250. Not sure if it's the cheapest though, as I've never bought them.

http://www.lintonlabels.com/gator-pak%20mailers/gator-pak.html

I'm so on the fence about these mailers. I like how well they fit the record but I have also got records with bent corners because the protection they provide is minimal. I do enjoy using them for extra packing when mailing off 7"'s though. Mailer in a mailer.

This happen to me when I ordered from FAT. I had 3 7's come in and the box was bent in the top corners making the 7's bent to.

There was no "Fragile" or "Do Not Bend" anywhere on the package.

The only problems I've have with these mailers is when the postal workers cram it into my mail box and I have to bend it slightly to get it out.

I have had postmen/women put a regular 7" mailer (most recent was my copy of HWM Live in Chicago #3) in my mailbox. A slight bend will usually get them out, but sometimes, as was the case for the HWM 7", I actually have to cut the mailer open inside the mailbox in order to get the record out.

The only problems I've have with these mailers is when the postal workers cram it into my mail box and I have to bend it slightly to get it out.

I have had postmen/women put a regular 7" mailer (most recent was my copy of HWM Live in Chicago #3) in my mailbox. A slight bend will usually get them out, but sometimes, as was the case for the HWM 7", I actually have to cut the mailer open inside the mailbox in order to get the record out.

I had to call my local branch and complain on my mail person because she would leave my LP's on the side of my mail box whether it was raining or snowing. She also would cram 7" mailers in there all the time. Even after I left notes not to do that anymore.

^ I get 90% of my records mailed to my parents house because the mail people there have always been great about taking stuff up to the house. Most recently a few months ago mail started getting there hours later then it had. One day this summer I was over visiting and the mail lady walked up and said hi and introduced herself and explained how the routes had changed etc. My mom asked her if it was an annoyance to bring all the stuff to the door and the woman said she loves it when I get mail. Job security. She gave us a lot of facts about the decline in mail and what not. Very very nice lady. She will be getting cash in an Xmas card this year.

At my apartment it's hit or miss. There is a side mail slot and they leave packages in the front hall now. It took a few months of shaky delivery to get this going so slowly I'm starting to let my mail come here.