EMERY - The Weak's End tests/tour editions

With Tooth and Nail its so hit and miss what people will like. Some people like everything they put out, some only like some. With Search The City, I think that's one of the lesser followed T&N bands...i mean you could press it, but I'd do a low number not like 500 copies maybe like half that. But then the cost of mechanical royalties(plus they'll probably want copies to sell in their store), and the cost of pressing everything might not make it worth it to the people buying, sorry to be a downer, man I suck.

This is not to say you shouldn't do it, if you have a dream for any of the T&N releases go for it. I for one would love to see tons of T&N releases get the treatment.

That's exactly my thought. I don't think more than 250 would go... I, personally, think it's a great album, very cohesive, good melodies, good lyrics, good artwork. Would be cool as LP. But... yeah. Would you buy it?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think FIF records have not been released because of a lack of interest. My understanding is there is a significant amount of red tape involved with securing the rights and is something Asian Man has looked into.

Well this is a serious bummer. FIF and friends need to get their ish together and stop making it difficult to get their stuff pressed. Makes me wonder how some bands out there get their catalog pressed...not to knock any specific bands but FIF was around for a long time and are definitely more deserving of vinyl releases than some bands that get releases, in my opinion.

Just wrote Mike Park about this FIF getting pressed, and got this:

"It has been talked about, but not sure how realistic it is at this point"

Not very detailed, no reasons for why it wouldn't be realistic, but not a definite no either.

Cool. Thanks for writing him and posting the response. I can't imagine why it wouldn't be realistic. Lots of bands get stuff pressed...if selling enough to recoup costs is the problem, press 500 of each album.

I really don't know the economics of getting a record pressed but I see it happening a lot with less popular bands, so....

Just wrote Mike Park about this FIF getting pressed, and got this:

"It has been talked about, but not sure how realistic it is at this point"

Not very detailed, no reasons for why it wouldn't be realistic, but not a definite no either.

Cool. Thanks for writing him and posting the response. I can't imagine why it wouldn't be realistic. Lots of bands get stuff pressed...if selling enough to recoup costs is the problem, press 500 of each album.

I really don't know the economics of getting a record pressed but I see it happening a lot with less popular bands, so....

Yeah, totally. Maybe it's just that he already has lots of projects going, and fit a giant discography like FIF/BS2 in their plans might not work right now. That's what I'm trying to convince myself at least.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...