paypal changes

i've been stuck having to pay extra a few times because of this policy. not sure how long it's been in effect, or what, but it's not VERY new.

i think it might have to do with not having any extra funds laying around in your paypal account, so they charge you if your balance is zero.

i've been stuck having to pay extra a few times because of this policy. not sure how long it's been in effect, or what, but it's not VERY new.

i think it might have to do with not having any extra funds laying around in your paypal account, so they charge you if your balance is zero.

I just (yesterday) sent someone a gift from a zero pp balance account and didn't have to pay fees. In the past, I've only had to pay fees on a gift if I sourced it from a credit card.

I just (yesterday) sent someone a gift from a zero pp balance account and didn't have to pay fees. In the past, I've only had to pay fees on a gift if I sourced it from a credit card.

I'm sure that if you send it from your credit card you get charged fees. If you have a balance in there then you don't pay fees.

Paypal is charging your credit card and there for will have to pay a processing fee so they charge you that fee plus some to cover it.

i noticed another change as well. i sold something on ebay, the buyer sent me the money as an instant payment, it was held as pending and i couldn't access the money. i called them and they told me that since i have less than 100 feedbacks on my ebay account (not the percent, but the actual number of feedback comments people have left for me) that they were going to hold my money until the package is confirmed delivered. i had already mailed it and sent the buyer the tracking info. i've never had this before and i've only ever had 20 or so feedbacks as I dont use ebay THAT much. they told me they've been doing this since 2008 but i called bullshit and made them release my money. i just wonder what would've happened if i hadnt sent it with tracking. has anyone else ever had this?

i noticed another change as well. i sold something on ebay, the buyer sent me the money as an instant payment, it was held as pending and i couldn't access the money. i called them and they told me that since i have less than 100 feedbacks on my ebay account (not the percent, but the actual number of feedback comments people have left for me) that they were going to hold my money until the package is confirmed delivered. i had already mailed it and sent the buyer the tracking info. i've never had this before and i've only ever had 20 or so feedbacks as I dont use ebay THAT much. they told me they've been doing this since 2008 but i called bullshit and made them release my money. i just wonder what would've happened if i hadnt sent it with tracking. has anyone else ever had this?

They've been doing this for awhile. They would usually hold it until the buyer leaves feedback, but I haven't had to deal with it in a while.

They've been doing this for awhile. They would usually hold it until the buyer leaves feedback, but I haven't had to deal with it in a while.

Another reason I try to stay away from the 'bay.

i got an email about this a few weeks ago. basically said if you have below some number of ebay feedback they're holding the money until the buyer leaves feedback, a certain number of days, or you can prove that it was delivered. Glad to see that yo ucan get around it by calling bullshit.

Paypal/ebay = shit for sellers