Pain (ska) vinyl

mmhmm

Spring Heeled Jack had videos on TV? Maybe I am letting my own prejudice and taste get in the way of seeing the big picture.

I always thought PAIN was one of the best bands ever! And there is at least 3 of my friends not on the board that would buy any of these if they were pressed if that counts. :P

Totally! I have several friends who'd be into releases like these as well. It just takes getting the word and reminding people of how awesome PAIN was.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just e-mailed one of the band members at their Pain store to get contact info for Avi and see if getting a Kickstarter page for this could even happen.

Let me know what he says. I would take on the project and run the kickstarter for it if he is cool with it and doesn't want to mess with it himself.

Just e-mailed one of the band members at their Pain store to get contact info for Avi and see if getting a Kickstarter page for this could even happen.

Let me know what he says. I would take on the project and run the kickstarter for it if he is cool with it and doesn't want to mess with it himself.

Will do- thanks. Haven't heard back yet but will post when I do.

Spring Heeled Jack had videos on TV? Maybe I am letting my own prejudice and taste get in the way of seeing the big picture.

I always thought PAIN was one of the best bands ever! And there is at least 3 of my friends not on the board that would buy any of these if they were pressed if that counts. :P

yeah MTV aired the videos for Pay some dues i believe on 120 minutes, and Jolene was in rotation for a bit.. they also had an episode of HBO's reverb

yeah MTV aired the videos for Pay some dues i believe on 120 minutes, and Jolene was in rotation for a bit.. they also had an episode of HBO's reverb

I remember seeing Jolene on TV from time to time. I also know that Mephiskapheles has a video on 120 minutes. I never saw it on TV, just on youtube.

I am now sharing my unofficial results of my facebook poll here are results in regards to this question:

Spring Heeled Jack or PAIN?

all but one of my friends but one said PAIN and one said this

"Don't get me wrong, I LOVE SHJ. They are some of the nicest guys I have ever met and they play amazing stuff but it's kind of a no brainer if you have to choose between the two. I even bet that SHJ would choose Pain."

It's not really fair to compare apples and oranges but I am just saying there are tons of PAIN fans out there that would love a vinyl pressing of any of their albums.

I would buy a few or if we did a kickstarter I would throwdown hard!

Pain was something like a mix of They Might Be Giants / Blink 182 / and the poppier side of high energy ska punk... everyone i knew who was into Treephort back in the day loved them

Treephort...another blast from the past. Honestly can't believe people listened to these bands. Even back in my youthful ska days I couldn't get into them

Treephort...another blast from the past. Honestly can't believe people listened to these bands. Even back in my youthful ska days I couldn't get into them

OH MY GOD I HOPE THIS IS A JOKE!

Treephort is fucking awesome!

I would love to have that Hippos album or either of the Edna's Goldfish releases on vinyl!

Both Edna's Goldfish albums please mostly just because of Veronica Sawyer on Elements of Transition.

Although I would have to disagree I think Heads Are Gonna Roll should be the only Hippos album pressed. Forget the World is forgettable.

also Treephort was amazing. toured with them a handful of times... can't believe they never got arrested

I remember having to light the bassists crotch on fire while they made my friend dress up in a little kids ninja turtles halloween costume.

very strange, but a really great show happened each time they came to town!

edit:

Edna's Goldfishs first album is getting repressed...OHHHH SHIT! ;D

Flood you are the best!