MTS Update No Trigger,Cro Mags Aqe Of Quarrel&more

wow just heard the new No Trigger songs and theyre awful, what happened to that band? they went from being so fast and agressive to sounding like New Found GLory
you think they're awful? I personally like this stuff better than any of their old jams (not that they are bad by any stretch of the imagination)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

]

same here. i pretty much just look at those as cash grabs anyway.

how are they cash grabs?

the fact they keep releasing albums "exclusive" for hot topic when another label is already releasing them or they are getting "exclusive" colors(nofx,dropkick, bouncing souls). sure the hot topic pressing usually comes out first (TOYPOAJ is a perfect example). However i think that tri-color looks kind of lame and at least the packaging is a gatefold but for $19.99 i don't consider that getting my money's worth. Where as I can wait and buy this from RJ who will put a lot more effort into the packaging and will probably even include the bonus tracks and it will be about the same price.

but another thing about the epitaph exclusives that annoys me is that the hot topic's that carry vinyl in store are somewhat randomly placed. I have 2 hot topics within 30 minutes of me and neither of them carry vinyl. But i have 2 other hot topics that are both an hour and a half away that both do carry vinyl. most of the exclusive colors don't make it online or don't last long enough on there. and they keep pressing different colors of the same albums within like 6-8 months of each other.

i'm not bitching about what they do, i'm just saying to me it seems like its being done to pull more cash from people they know collect those certain bands.

how are they cash grabs?

the fact they keep releasing albums "exclusive" for hot topic when another label is already releasing them or they are getting "exclusive" colors(nofx,dropkick, bouncing souls). sure the hot topic pressing usually comes out first (TOYPOAJ is a perfect example). However i think that tri-color looks kind of lame and at least the packaging is a gatefold but for $19.99 i don't consider that getting my money's worth. Where as I can wait and buy this from RJ who will put a lot more effort into the packaging and will probably even include the bonus tracks and it will be about the same price.

but another thing about the epitaph exclusives that annoys me is that the hot topic's that carry vinyl in store are somewhat randomly placed. I have 2 hot topics within 30 minutes of me and neither of them carry vinyl. But i have 2 other hot topics that are both an hour and a half away that both do carry vinyl. most of the exclusive colors don't make it online or don't last long enough on there. and they keep pressing different colors of the same albums within like 6-8 months of each other.

i'm not bitching about what they do, i'm just saying to me it seems like its being done to pull more cash from people they know collect those certain bands.

so a business is trying to make money? who would of thought

that argument makes zero sense for a cash grab. it just seems like youre complaining because you dont like multiple variants and because you have to drive an extra half an hour.

Haha i'm not complaining at all because i don't buy them/shop there. i'm explaining why i don't bother to buy the hot topic exclusives and why it would be a annoyance if i did want to. I have no problem with multiple variants, i collect a lot of them actually. Oh and i'm not sure where you got an extra half hour from, seeing as I stated the 2 that do carry vinyl are an hour and a half away. meaning its an extra hour(at least) for me to drive to one of them.

Either way i'm still looking at these how i did, sorry you're opinion isn't going to change mine :P

RJ is in Costa Rica right now. He might be having trouble getting on the internet to put it up. Just an FYI.

its hard to use the internet while you're surfing. ha. but truthfully, same old same old for this label. sucks. i hadn't tried purchasing any of the newer releases, but whenever i want something it is always a hassle to deal with this label.

edit: and its not that fucking hard to post a message on your web site, blog, vinylcollective, or anywhere else. especially if you know you're going to be out of the country. some of us working have to schedule time to attempt to purchase these records.