NOFX - THE DECLINE

copter76

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest markovianprocess
Why is everyone posting their order number?

They are trying to work out roughly how many could have been pressed by the number of people who bought the coloured repress. For example, if it was only available between order numbers 1 and 100, it would be reasonable to think the pressing would be under 100 copies.

Why did Fat decide to hike the price on the color anyway? They have always been reliably cheap in the past.

This is the first time that price has deterred me from buying a record from Fat Wreck.

maybe fat got sick of like half of these popping up on ebay and figured a couple extra bucks in their pockets instead of the flippers?

Why did Fat decide to hike the price on the color anyway? They have always been reliably cheap in the past.

This is the first time that price has deterred me from buying a record from Fat Wreck.

maybe fat got sick of like half of these popping up on ebay and figured a couple extra bucks in their pockets instead of the flippers?

Exactly. Why sell it for $10 when you know a bunch will end up on ebay (probably before they even get shipped)? In the end, they still won't make as much as a flipper, but at least they made a few extra bucks that could help fund another record getting pressed...and the cycle begins again.

Guest markovianprocess

Exactly. Why sell it for $10 when you know a bunch will end up on ebay (probably before they even get shipped)? In the end, they still won't make as much as a flipper, but at least they made a few extra bucks that could help fund another record getting pressed...and the cycle begins again.

To me that makes perfect sense. I don't mind paying a small amount extra than for something that would have normally cost me about $1000.

realistically $15 isn't alot of money. being a fan of nofx and the decline in particular, I feel like I lucked out.

Plus, there is always the fact that there is still an $8 option. Are the people complaining about the price more concerned with having the music or the color vinyl...or losing $5 in flip profits? :P

The extra 7 bucks is not going to deter flippers at all. It's only going to deter people on a budget who don't want to spend $15 + shipping on a 2 song EP.

I know that argument won't make any difference to most of you though since Fat is one of the labels that people will defend regardless of what they do.