Apple's big iTunes announcement

oakland

Yeah, it was an iTunes announcement, so I'm not sure why people expected some huge changes or bigger things. Especially since they just upgraded iTunes last week.

For me, it was the whole "Tomorrow is just another day. That you'll never forget."

The day the Beatles become available on iTunes is hardly something I'd call unforgettable. I'd be shocked if I even remember it next week.

One of the many dumb things about the Beatles catalog being released on itunes is the cost. $149. You can pick up the stereo or mono boxes on amazon for $129.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=beatles+stereo+box+set&x=11&y=15

Who buys this kind of stuff on itunes anyways?

I'll admit that I was tempted to buy the Bob Dylan collection when they still had it up. All of his albums plus a bunch of unreleased and rare stuff for only $200. Of course it was took down by the time I seriously considered getting it.

But this Beatles collection only has some mini-documentaries and a video of their first concert in the states. Who cares about that? Any big Beatles fan has already seen countless documentaries and what not already. But for the newest generation of Beatles fans who only buy digital music, this isn't too shabby a deal for them.

lazy people. buy them all and encode them yourselves. damn you itunes and your inferior encoding!

i always thought the usb apple was kinda cool but the price is ridiculous! $250-280 range!

[image]

I know, when I saw that I thought it would be perfect. Hell, I'm just gonna rip em at 320 anyway...but then I saw that price. I guess there's only like 30,000 made.