PO:Murder By Death Box Set

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how did this ship? overnight or through USPS?

Ordered the wooden box with the new pressings (even thou I had most of them already) and ordered the plain box for my old pressings.

i like this idea. i am thinking about possibly selling my original copies but i don't know yet. curious to see the pressings included with the box first.

EDIT: Received a very friendly & helpful email from MBD. They've promised to replace the damaged box below.

Horseshit. Mine came in today destroyed. I'm so livid that I haven't even checked the records to see if they're okay.

First off, we paid $15 for shipping and these heavy box sets were shipped in a fitted cardboard box with only two small bubble wraps sheets on each face--no corner protection. Mine was shipped media mail for $5.89. The additional 9 bucks could have been used to wrap this shit up just a little better...just a fucking little.

The wooden box is brittle. This would be okay had the above issues been addressed. But they were not and now what you see below is what will probably happen to some of you:

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

Looks somewhat fixable but that is a lackluster packing job nonetheless. Have you shot them an email? Maybe they have some replacement boxes lined up in the likely event that this was to happen.

It can be "fixed" but the sheared and cracked wood will always be that way. I'm sure nobody would be happy "fixing" a torn/folded record cover with tape and glue.

Emailed both addresses that I could find. I mostly posted this as a heads up. I wouldn't have even bothered if it was just a $15 record. $155 is a different story.

i expected it to come trashed, so i'm not really that pissed about it. just poor shipping practices for a band that does all their own vinyl and ships their own merch. you come to expect better under those circumstances.

i'm on the last record of the box now. it's been a great night of listening to it straight through. MBD <3