WALKING CONCERT – "RUN TO BE BORN" LP+7"+CD

nihac

We at Arctic Rodeo think it is about goddamn time for this album to be finally coming out on vinyl. A lot of fans and friends of Walter Schreifels and his tunes have been waiting for a package like this to be released, and it’s finally happening! In early 2011, Arctic Rodeo Recordings is going to put out the cult album "RUN TO BE BORN" by WALKING CONCERT exclusively on vinyl for the very first time – and it is going to be a first class deluxe package:

The vinyl LP of "RUN TO BE BORN" plus an additional vinyl 7" including two exclusive and previously unreleased bonus tracks and a free CD will be packed in a great looking gatefold jacket with an exclusive new artwork. The CD will contain the entire album and the tracks of the 7" of course. The LP will be pressed on different vinyl color variations, the 7" will be pressed on classic black vinyl. Deluxe top quality for sure.

Walter Schreifels is currently working with RIVAL SCHOOLS again, and we are so happy they are back and their new album is going to be released in March 2011. WALKING CONCERT was the name of the band Walter Schreifels was playing in when RIVALS SCHOOLS had been taking a break and before he started working on his solo album. Before all this, Walter Schreifels went down in the history of rock music by playing in bands like GORILLA BISCUITS, YOUTH OF TODAY and QUICKSAND. In the recordings of "RUN TO BE BORN" there have been people involved like Chris Daly (TEXAS IS THE REASON, JETS TO BRAZIL) und Ian Love, who has been doing recordings with HOUSE & PARISH, ATLANTIC/PACIFIC and WALTER SCHREIFELS. Furthermore, he is playing guitar in RIVAL SCHOOLS and has started a solo career on Arctic Rodeo. Besides Jemery E. Johnson and Ryan Stratton, Drew Thomas (GOD FIRES MAN, INTO ANOTHER, BOLD, WALTER SCHREIFELS BAND) has been another member of WALKING CONCERT.

"RUN TO BE BORN" by WALKING CONCERT is essential we think.

We will keep you posted!

http://www.myspace.com/walkingconcert

THIS IS AWESOME! I love this record so much. I saw the band two or three times in support of it—they were so great live, too!

Is this going to be available in the US anywhere, or will we all have to be ordering it directly from Arctic Rodeo?

It is us at Arctic Rodeo releasing this, but we are working on making it available in the US.

We will keep you posted!

awesome. posting for more info on US copies.

We will let you know a.s.a.p.

I am afraid the record will probably be a little pricey though. We will have to export the records and our costs for this one will be pretty high. We will do our very best to keep the price as low and fair as possible.

Thanks everyone for being interested, we appreciate it very much!

Some pics and new infos from the Arctic Rodeo website.

Release date is 01/28/2011, pre-order will be up 12/20/2010

[image]

[image]

[image]

WALKING CONCERT

Album "Run To Be Born"

LP+CD

Release date: 01/28/2011

limited pressing in gatefold jacket

packed in reclosable safety envelope

+ bonus 7"

+ free CD

edition of 600 copies

100 copies on red vinyl

200 copies on clear/white vinyl

300 copies on red/gold vinyl

all 7" copies on black vinyl

Tracklisting LP:

01. What's Your New Thing?

02. Aluminium

03. But You Know... It's True

04. Run To Be Born

05. Studio Space

06. Girls In The Fields

07. The Animals

08. Audrey

09. What Does Your Heart say?

10. Hands Up!

11. Mustang Ford

12. Calypso Slide

13. A Lot Expect

14. OK

Tracklisting bonus 7":

01. Waiting For Warm Insides

02. Depressed Friends

+ CD including all audio tracks + mp3 files

Ugh, another Euro release that I want but fear the price with shipping.

No need to.

Shipping costs for 1 LP from Germany to the US are 6.00 Euros (without insurance), that's pretty fair.

The other way around (from the US to Germany) shipping costs are between $ 12 and $ 18. I know what I am talking about.

• 2 weeks later...