Dec 17th :: The Starting Line @ North Star Bar, PA

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

didnt win it through AP, i got it from vans. fuck AP. i will never subscribe to that trash anymore, back in the day it was legit though, when it was like $5 for a year at warped tour. good job on getting this show though, ill give you that.

the ironic part is though, we just lost a floor supervisor, and my store manager edited the schedule so now im WORKING that day, and i cant go.

vans puts me on the guest list...and i cant go cause ill be working....at vans. fml.

didnt win it through AP, i got it from vans. fuck AP. i will never subscribe to that trash anymore, back in the day it was legit though, when it was like $5 for a year at warped tour. good job on getting this show though, ill give you that.

Cool dude, thanks for being a huge fucking asshole!

the ironic part is though, we just lost a floor supervisor, and my store manager edited the schedule so now im WORKING that day, and i cant go.

vans puts me on the guest list...and i cant go cause ill be working....at vans. fml.

was it really $5? i've been going to warped tour since 2004 and while I cant really remember too well i thought it was always $10 with random incentives and such but thats not really what this thread is about

sorry for being honest, but the magazine you work for blows. its nothing but ads and shitty bands now. maybe if i was a fat 13 year old girl id love it, but alas, i am not.

nothing against you personally though, i just really dont like AP, because, like i said, its trash (in my opinion), just like in your opinion im a huge fucking asshole ::)

sorry for being honest, but the magazine you work for blows. its nothing but ads and shitty bands now. maybe if i was a fat 13 year old girl id love it, but alas, i am not.

nothing against you personally though, i just really dont like AP, because, like i said, its trash (in my opinion), just like in your opinion im a huge fucking asshole ::)

Found this on your tumblr—it's a picture of your laptop, no?

[image]

You know that Circa Survive and Something Corporate were both on our cover this year, right?

Also, I'm scoping out pics of your vinyl collection on flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nikukin/sets/72157624994540396/

You know that we put August Burns Red and Dan from Four Year Strong on the cover this year, right? And we had Blink-182 and Thursday on our cover last year, right? And that we've written about bands like New Found Glory, Minus The Bear, Bayside, Saves The Day, Coheed And Cambria and Silverstein probably more than any other rock magazine in existence, right?

If we cover nothing but "shitty bands" now, then apparently you like shitty bands.

Look, I know it's tough to actually deviate from the absolutepunk/strikegently hivemind of "dude, AP is such a shitrag," but give it a shot sometime.

ill be honest, i still have a subscription and although i don't know or like a lot of the bands in it. i still find at least a couple pages that make it worth keeping for me. and it least gives me something to read while i crap.

and about all the ads, thats some of my favorite parts. back when i started college thats what i wanted to do though (work for AP designing ads).

Remember when AP was all about the nu metal? I hated that shit, but I still think it was better then than it is now!

Just looked at your tradelist. This is a list of bands who you own records by who have also been on our cover at least once since our "nu-metal years."

AFI (four times on their own + Davey was on a Warped cover)

Against Me! (once on their own + Tom was on a Warped cover)

Alkaline Trio (once on their own + Matt was on a Warped cover)

Bouncing Souls (Bryan was on a Warped cover)

Coheed And Cambria (twice)

Dashboard Confessional (twice)

Every Time I Die

Fugazi (they were the cover of our 23rd anniversary issue special)

The Gaslight Anthem

My Chemical Romance (four times + Frank was on a Warped cover)

Polar Bear Club (Jimmy was on the subscriber cover for the AP Tour)

Rise Against (once on their own + Tim was on a Warped cover)

Say Anything (once on their own + Max was on a Warped cover)

Weezer (twice)

And that's just talking about cover bands. If you want me to make a list of all the bands that have just been written about in the magazine that are also in your tradelist, it's even longer.

Why shit on stuff you like? I don't get it.

ill be honest, i still have a subscription and although i don't know or like a lot of the bands in it. i still find at least a couple pages that make it worth keeping for me. and it least gives me something to read while i crap.

and about all the ads, thats some of my favorite parts. back when i started college thats what i wanted to do though (work for AP designing ads).

We're currently looking to hire an art/production assistant—PM me if you want more info!