Aretha Franklin diagnosed with cancer

Well, she avoided the repercussions of morbid obesity for decades, so something had to give.

No wonder your wife left you...it's a damn good thing you can't reproduce. ::)

Hiding behind a fake account... seems you're more ball-less than myself. I state my opinions, however unpopular they may be, without the need for a mask. Got a problem -- man up and call me out on it.

Why is it good I can't reproduce, for stating a fact? Nobody gave two shits about Aretha until this diagnosis, and I still don't.

And what does my former spouse have to do with anything? My fiancee's mother just had a dual mastectomy yesterday; she has breast cancer. It's a horrible thing, I agree, and those it touches that are within my sphere of life I truly feel for. But some famous person I know only by name; I'm sorry, but my heart strings need to be tugged on a little more than that.

So fuck off.

No wonder your wife left you...it's a damn good thing you can't reproduce. ::)

and those it touches that are within my sphere of life I truly feel for. But some famous person I know only by name; I'm sorry, but my heart strings need to be tugged on a little more than that.

So fuck off.

I can respect you're opinions but thats awful shallow to not feel for someone just because you don't have a connection to them.

and those it touches that are within my sphere of life I truly feel for. But some famous person I know only by name; I'm sorry, but my heart strings need to be tugged on a little more than that.

So fuck off.

I can respect you're opinions but thats awful shallow to not feel for someone just because you don't have a connection to them.

Good point.

yeah fuck them i mean it's not enough that they face famine,rape, and violence every day.

that doesn't pull my heart strings enough I need to know them.

And what have you done to help those that face famine rape and violence everyday? Are you a missionary over there? Are you donating your money (non tax write-off of course) to stopping this from happening? Or are you just saying you feel so bad but continue to buy things that are made by slave labor controlled by gangs?

So fuck off.

If that's the case, we should sympathize with all equally. I don't have a connection with the fellow that shares my name in Des Moines, Iowa. Should I "say a little prayer" if his brother was killed in a tragic encounter with a piece of farm equipment, or should I reserve those condolences solely for people with name recognition?

Who's shallow, now?

Further, the 6000 Africans was parody. That day, numerous threads were posted about famous people dying that nobody gave a second thought about until they died. When was the last time you said the name of the Star Wars director in conversation, or even considered him? Or Leslie Nielson? That was the point. These people were getting props, so I figured I'd give a shout out for AIDS victims in Africa since it was on topic. Surely they were as newsworthy...

And thank you, Alan. I strive for excellence.

The way I see it is if I know the person, it totally sucks and will do what I can do to help. If it was someone I looked up to but never met (say for comedic sake, Obama) I would wish the best and hope for a courageous recovery. If its a random celebrity who has had no impact in my life whatsoever, that sucks, but thats life.

yeah fuck them i mean it's not enough that they face famine,rape, and violence every day.

that doesn't pull my heart strings enough I need to know them.

And what have you done to help those that face famine rape and violence everyday? Are you a missionary over there? Are you donating your money (non tax write-off of course) to stopping this from happening? Or are you just saying you feel so bad but continue to buy things that are made by slave labor controlled by gangs?

no I haven't done anything and if it's beyond someones control who can actualy fix that siutation what the hell am I going to do. all i'm saying is at least have some damn compassion for people and not say oh fuck them I don't know them so yeah whatever that sucks. I didn't say the dude had to say a damn prayer.