PO: CIRCA SURVIVE Blue Sky Noise Deluxe 2xLP

From the inbox:

Atlantic recording group Circa Survive has unveiled plans to release an audiophile-grade vinyl edition of their critically acclaimed, third full length album “BLUE SKY NOISE.” The deluxe vinyl edition of “BLUE SKY NOISE” will be available beginning January 18th. Fans can preorder the special release through CircaSurvive.com starting Tuesday, December 21st. For more details, please visit the band’s official website www.circasurvive.com.

Produced by multiple Grammy winner David Bottrill (Tool, Muse, King Crimson) and mixed by Rich Costey (Interpol, The Mars Volta, Rage Against The Machine), “BLUE SKY NOISE” entered the Billboard 200 chart at #11 upon its release earlier this year, with the standard vinyl edition of the album taking the #1 spot on the Soundscan Vinyl chart. Pressed onto audiophile grade, 180-gram vinyl, the deluxe vinyl edition of “BLUE SKY NOISE” comes as a double-disc album complete with vintage styling and brand new gatefold artwork by renowned artist Esao Andrews. Digital downloads of both “BLUE SKY NOISE” and the band’s recently released, 5-song “APPENDAGE” EP are also included.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, Scott, AMAZING avatar. One of my favorite Simpson's moments.

Secondly, I'm thinking this price feels kind of high.

Third, I wish this album was better.

Fourth, it would be beautiful if this 180 gram version were in the same translucent blue wax from the single LP.

hmmm anybody wanna buy my current blue one? haha

Funny thing is, even though its over runs the normal single LP capacity for time, I find that it is actually a damn good sounding pressing but of course, refer to my third item in the above portion of the post.

Fourth, it would be beautiful if this 180 gram version were in the same translucent blue wax from the single LP.

hmmm anybody wanna buy my current blue one? haha

Funny thing is, even though its over runs the normal single LP capacity for time, I find that it is actually a damn good sounding pressing but of course, refer to my third item in the above portion of the post.

$30 doesn't seem all that high considering the quality they're putting into it, and wish this album was better? I honestly think this is their best.

so you think $30 is high for a double LP of this album when the single LP version costs $18....

which breaks down to be $15 per LP for this deluxe version, which last time i checked is lower than $18. and if you think this should be better don't buy it

I don't know exactly what all is going into this package other than the two 180 gram LPs and the gatefold jacket but I did feel that the single LP was a bit overpriced. I ordered it because I love Circa and then unfortunately found out that I didn't love this album. Whether or not I purchase it, my feeling about the price doesn't change.

Them Crooked Vultures initial press was 180 gram 2XLP with gatefold jacket and printed dust sleeves and cost a little less than BSN on single LP and unless there's some extraordinary bonus included in this package, it seems pretty overpriced when compared to similar packages. That's all I'm saying.

Of course, I don't know the FULL extent of what's being offered in this particular package other than the download code for Appendage which is a nice addition but still doesn't justify the cost at this point from my perspective. But I guess once the full details are released about this we'll be able to accurately judge.

$30 doesn't seem all that high considering the quality they're putting into it, and wish this album was better? I honestly think this is their best.

Honestly, the song craft on the majority of this album feels like a total cop out from Circa Survive standards but we all see things from a different perspective. The name Circa Survive was an indication of a certain, unique grade of subtlety and musical tonality. This album finds them fitting into more traditional/conventional territory that I always happily found absent in their prior work. But that's just me....and a whole load of others that I've talked to.

If you enjoy it, by all means enjoy it and don't let me stand in your way of that. :D

bah. i loved it. did you see them live on the last tour? this stuff translated so well on a headlining slot. i was skeptical when i saw them open for Coheed earlier this year but the last tour sealed the deal for this album. they barely touched on On Letting Go at the show too, which i think Blue Sky Noise has surpassed. i guess i'm not understanding all the hate on BSN, everyone was singing along to every song and it was a good feeling to see so many people into it.

that said, I'm gonna spin On Letting Go right now. great album, I may have underestimated it.

I havent seen the packaging yet but from what I was told by the label it sounds pretty awesome. I dont remember all the details but it sounded pretty elaborate.

$30 is a lot for a double LP but I think once you guys see the packaging you will understand why it costs so much and like a couple people said...considering what the single LP version costs this is actually not that bad.

bah. i loved it. did you see them live on the last tour? this stuff translated so well on a headlining slot. i was skeptical when i saw them open for Coheed earlier this year but the last tour sealed the deal for this album. they barely touched on On Letting Go at the show too, which i think Blue Sky Noise has surpassed. i guess i'm not understanding all the hate on BSN, everyone was singing along to every song and it was a good feeling to see so many people into it.

that said, I'm gonna spin On Letting Go right now. great album, I may have underestimated it.

Yeah, I saw them in November. Honestly, the material translated great but I just wasn't impressed with the album itself. Just feels over-polished without enough substance to back it up. I really like a few of the songs but overall, most of it is just Circa playing radio rock.

On Letting Go sort of hinted slightly toward this direction but still retained a mostly unique vibe while being very independent from Juturna.....my sweet Juturna.