Opinions on Bad Religions- Dissent of man

I've listened to it about twenty times over and, I can only honestly stand maybe two of the songs total.

A friend of mine said this "What the hell is wrong with BR?, steel guitars?, a few songs from this album could be played on a mainstream rock station next to kid rock songs, and nobody would know the difference."

I think he's right, the album is pretty weak.

"The Grey Race" was probably the last listenable BR record. "Stranger Than Fiction" is their last good record.

Gray Race, No Substance, and The New America were weak, but they also weren't with Brett Gurewitz. Once he came back and they went back on Epitaph they really turned things around. You should listen to The Process of Belief, The Empire Strikes First, and New Maps of Hell and see that they are quite listenable.

"The Grey Race" was probably the last listenable BR record. "Stranger Than Fiction" is their last good record.

Gray Race, No Substance, and The New America were weak, but they also weren't with Brett Gurewitz. Once he came back and they went back on Epitaph they really turned things around. You should listen to The Process of Belief, The Empire Strikes First, and New Maps of Hell and see that they are quite listenable.

Yeah 2001 the band was back to their old selves. While they arent suffer or no control, the last 4 BR records have been pretty solid.

i haven't heard this yet, but that's the gist of what I've been hearing which is why I hadn't bothered picking it up

You should definitely pick it up man. I think it is probably the closest they have come to a perfect Bad Religion album. Take out 1-2 songs and it is terrific. It has a great flow to it and some of the catchiest melodies they have written so far. Of course, I've been a huge BR fan since 1991 so I'm a little biased. For a band of mid 40 year olds, they really bring game.

i haven't heard this yet, but that's the gist of what I've been hearing which is why I hadn't bothered picking it up

You should definitely pick it up man. I think it is probably the closest they have come to a perfect Bad Religion album. Take out 1-2 songs and it is terrific. It has a great flow to it and some of the catchiest melodies they have written so far. Of course, I've been a huge BR fan since 1991 so I'm a little biased. For a band of mid 40 year olds, they really bring game.

I'm sure I'll get around to it eventually. I have every other album, so it's only a matter of time...

2-3 really great songs and the rest good but a bit flat sounding. Seems a bit trendy to me, like they're trying a little of the Springsteen thing. Straight rock is not their thing. Worst one since The New America, in fact it reminds me of that album in parts. It will be held higher by most people because Brett was involved.

yeah this album sucks, ive been able to listen to everything since process of belief and after on a pretty regular basis, i listened to this record once and i barely made it through and have never had any motivation to go back and listen again. they should call it quits about now or else its just gonna get bad.