Ben Nichols - Last Pale Light LP - Sabot Productio

patron

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a really good book. But it's also REALLY fuckin' hard to read.

That's a bummer to hear, it's been on my "to read" list forever.

try reading the road or no country for old men first - you sort of have to get his style before you can dive into his older stuff. my favorite of his is outer dark. one of the best books i've ever read, probably.

COOL STORY: i was in santa fe visiting my grandfather last november and i went to a general store type place to buy a pack of cigarettes and cormac mccarthy was in line in front of me (buying cigarettes also [he wore a cowboy had]). also, my mom saw him at a local book store about 15 minutes before that.

I love Cormac McCarthy. His older books are tough to get into, but the newer ones, once you're used to his style, are great. If you do get into him, it's best to read 2 or 3 in a row so you don't read someone who has a better grasp of conventional writing in between to throw you off.

They're usually quick reads, too. He's got such a fucked, violent mind though. My grandfather read Blood Meridien and was horrified.

I love Cormac McCarthy. His older books are tough to get into, but the newer ones, once you're used to his style, are great. If you do get into him, it's best to read 2 or 3 in a row so you don't read someone who has a better grasp of conventional writing in between to throw you off.

They're usually quick reads, too. He's got such a fucked, violent mind though. My grandfather read Blood Meridien and was horrified.

that's a really good way to put the way mccarthy writes. his writing style is much more visceral and emotive than other popular authors.

After reading The Road I felt weird for days. Not so much after the movie...

Also, why are we talking about Cormac McCarthy? I feel like there is some connection I'm not getting. Either way I am super stoked that this finally is getting released. I actually listen to this album more than any Lucero album.

Trying to order the gold version from Total Treble but I keep getting the following error:

Sorry, “Ben Nichols - Last Pale Light... 180g LP + MP3 ***PRE-ORDER*** - Gold Vinyl” couldn’t be added to your cart because the last one is currently being purchased by someone else

Gold must be out of stock already......

Anyone know the pressing info on this?