Skrillex- Scary Monsters & Nice Sprites | GID /500

shley

I was recently introduced to a life changing music movement while on vacation down in Barbados - heavy dubstep. A friend of mine mentioned there was a post hardcore vocalist who left his band and started mixing beats and samples that were really heavy. He threw on a couple youtube tracks and I lost my shit. After a bit of investigation turns out its Sonny Moore (From First to Last). Thought some of you might be interested in the following:

[image]

Vinyl 12" - Special Edition

THIS IS A PRE-ORDER.

Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites ~ Special Edition Vinyl.

This Special Edition glow in the dark vinyl 12" will be strictly limited to 500 copies.

Orders placed now will not ship until January ( beginning February latest ) 2011.

http://www.skrillexmerch.com/product:15038

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fuck yes. when he came to roseland with deadmau5 i was chillin with them backstage cause my brother runs a record label in NY. smoked hash with sonnys tour manager. hah.

anyway, even though this is STUPID expensive, $33 shipped for an EP, i think im gonna have to get it just cause of how incredible this EP actually is.

and for people that are just hearing him, check out one of his older tracks called "Father said". that song is so fucking beast.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I originally wanted to hate this simply because of my hatred for Sonny during the FFTL days. As much as I liked that album of theirs (Dear Diary, the only good one in my opinion), I hated everything about that kid. However, I'm enjoying this too much, so much so that I would buy this if it wasn't $40 to get to Canada.

i would love a glow in the dark record. but perfer one i would enjoy.

This.

Skrillex was here this last weekend, I went with a buddy who was in town not really sure what I was getting into. I can honestly say I would never do that again, not for me. Is it fair to say dubstep is to rave kids what breakdowns are to metalheads? That's the only thing I took away from it.