Skrillex- Scary Monsters & Nice Sprites | GID /500

shley

not to start something that has already died up again but...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skrillex-Scary-Monsters-And-Nice-Sprites-VINYL-NEAR-MINT-DUBSTEP-/260882361531?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item3cbdccecbb#ht_500wt_1287

and still has about a day left on it. It is absurd to pay that amount for any record let alone an EP of an electronic album that came out a year ago or something?

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not to start something that has already died up again but...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skrillex-Scary-Monsters-And-Nice-Sprites-VINYL-NEAR-MINT-DUBSTEP-/260882361531?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item3cbdccecbb#ht_500wt_1287

and still has about a day left on it. It is absurd to pay that amount for any record let alone an EP of an electronic album that came out a year ago or something?

odds are the person who wins it will not pay. there are people with 0 feedback bidding, plus some other with very little feedback as well. combine that with the fact that the seller already listed it once with the winner not paying and $68 shipping and you're asking for trouble.

• 2 weeks later...
one time, before a show, i saw this total douche bag walking around at the 7-11 down the street from the venue i was heading to. the dude was tiny, wearing a huge clock necklace, and the lamest clothes ever. i made fun of said dude.

later on, from first to last walked on stage. said "dude" was sonny. this dude has always, and will always, suck so much. i'm so glad he's wrapped his grubby paws around the latest shitty trend to invade music.

• 1 month later...

I know nothing of this genre at all. It seems to me from the few songs I have listened to from different artists that it is all about the crazy bass that comes out of nowhere that is suppose to floor you. Once you hear the bass drop what makes you want to go back to listen to that song? It seems to me that everyone is talking about 20 seconds of a 5 minute song. Am I wrong on this?

I don't get it either. My girlfriend was a TA at a high school and we went to one of the football games. It was senior night, so there was a special program that highlighted the seniors on the team and their interests. For music, 90% of them put "Dubstep" or "Skrillex."

Must be one of those generational things that all them whippersnappers are getting into.

And drugs.

I know nothing of this genre at all. It seems to me from the few songs I have listened to from different artists that it is all about the crazy bass that comes out of nowhere that is suppose to floor you. Once you hear the bass drop what makes you want to go back to listen to that song? It seems to me that everyone is talking about 20 seconds of a 5 minute song. Am I wrong on this?

This is true of a lot of music I think. If I listen to QOTSA "Sky is Falling" I'm pretty much listening specifically for the bit around 3:30 in. Or the hit around :50 seconds in Bright Lights by Ghost of a Thousand. I could probably fill a thread.

That said, I have no fucking clue why Dubstep is so popular now, or why Skrillex of all people is the guy people gravitate towards.

That said, I have no fucking clue why Dubstep is so popular now, or why Skrillex of all people is the guy people gravitate towards.

This. I feel like Skrillex has made dub step into a punchline when the genre's existed for nearly a decade and tons of artists (Skream, Kode9, etc) have been doing great stuff during that time. Bums me out even more that some consider this dub when dub has been going for half a century and compared to Skrillex and "omg bass drops!!1", solid originators like Kingy Tubby, Prince Jammy, Lee Scratch Perry and Scientist will be seen as boring and old.