Screamo bands with fragile egos.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=8030860

"Yo Fuck that dude and all those losers on that site..ALTPress is a pile of shit rag..their music selections are shitty and they sign shitty bands..Your guitar rhyths and drum beats are nasty..Plus your lyrics are real and amazing..AP cant review at all..they said the band GALLOWS is amazing..I rather stab myself in the face then listen to those foreign bastards..keep up the good work..AP needs to actuallu sign a band where you can actually listen to the whole cd before they make any more reviews..INK lovee..you dudes rock..Just remember most kids dont know good music anymore..u need that Philly show wanna see you guys.. "

I thought we were the fat losers who sat in front of the computer to much.

Eastern Promises was alright.

I enjoyed it. Definitely better than A History of Violence.

How crazy was that fight scene in the sauna? Sure, you saw Viggo's sack, but it was intense!

Nice. Eastern Promises just showed up from Netflix yesterday.

Also, I watched King Of King last night...that was EPIC. Seriously, it was fucking awesome.

this is so cute. all you little wanna be writers and reviewers trying to bash ice nine. your probably all over weight weirdos who have nothing better to do but sit in front of the computer all day and talk about music. ice nine is actually on the road, making money & doing shows for tons of fans. your all sitting on your asses trying to bash them because your jealous. get over itttt

It's only tons of fans because of all the fat chicks...

Hey, you called us fat first, honey. Don't cut yourself because of me.

So I meant to read this entire thread, but around the 20th page or so I just skipped to where we are now. It seems as if things have been (somewhat) resolved, probably because all of the spamming fans of forgotten their passwords by now.

But seriously, Scott said that he listened to the entire thing and didn't like, so he wrote the review like that. It was mentioned that you guys (in the band, and fans alike) wished that he would have been more professional. But since when does being a professional mean being positive? He was professional in the sense that he performed his job (which he does as a profession) by writing down his opinion on a certain band and their certain sound.

Besides all the bunk arguments (and racism, for whatever reason), the whole argument is lost on this. If every review was positive, there would be absolutely no need for reviews at all.

I wondered when ronnie was going to make an appearance.

It was funny for the first few pages, but eventually I just stopped reading. However, let the record show that the band in question does, in fact, chug massive amounts of teh suk. Bands/music like this are what is ruining music in general. This is seriously no better than Britney Spears or Nickelback. Only difference is that while those two are bathing themselves in dollars "earned" by fooling people into thinking they actually have talent, the sadly misguided members of INK are forced to play their entirely derivative, poorly conceived "screamo" garbage to massive crowds of 6 or 7 people in mall parking lots countrywide, as part of their "totally DIY, keep-it-indie-as-fuck," piss-poor excuse for a tour. Good luck dudes, you're gonna need it.

"But seriously, Scott said that he listened to the entire thing and didn't like, so he wrote the review like that. It was mentioned that you guys (in the band, and fans alike) wished that he would have been more professional. But since when does being a professional mean being positive? He was professional in the sense that he performed his job (which he does as a profession) by writing down his opinion on a certain band and their certain sound. "

patron, you bring up a good point. But I'm going to bring reality back to the situation.

This is what happened. Ice Nine Kills, others, and I read the review and were convinced that he didn't even listen to more than 20 seconds of it since what he is saying is not accurate (I know it's very opinion driven, but most people that are into rock music in general would probably agree).

example: "bland and forgettable" - when the band is referred to as ""wow, these guys have really nailed songwriting down to perfection". The next moment you'll get another tempo switch and some sugar-sweet guitars doing scales on the background over pop-punk style harmonious clean vocals, before you'll get to one of the catchiest choruses you'll have heard all year." (http://rockfreaks.net/?page=albumreviews&id=914)

also,

"ice nine kills have made my job easier by releasing one of the best Ep's i have heard in the last couple of years." (http://www.kingbanana.net/kb2/rreviews/review.php?ID=22)

to get back to the point, Scott didn't listen to the whole ablum, in fact, we never sent him one. Scott admits this in his original thread where he said "For the record, I don't think I did bother to listen to more than 20 seconds of their absolutely horrendous, embarrassingly slapped-together screamy bullshit,"

He only back pedals later when he gets bashed by 300+ people on this site and absolutepunk.net for the poor review and learns from Alternative Press that his job is at stake for such an idiotic stunt and not doing his job properly!

Maybe we'll get a Music Editor at AP that listens to the music now! Yay!

"But seriously, Scott said that he listened to the entire thing and didn't like, so he wrote the review like that. It was mentioned that you guys (in the band, and fans alike) wished that he would have been more professional. But since when does being a professional mean being positive? He was professional in the sense that he performed his job (which he does as a profession) by writing down his opinion on a certain band and their certain sound. "

patron, you bring up a good point. But I'm going to bring reality back to the situation.

This is what happened. Ice Nine Kills, others, and I read the review and were convinced that he didn't even listen to more than 20 seconds of it since what he is saying is not accurate (I know it's very opinion driven, but most people that are into rock music in general would probably agree).

example: "bland and forgettable" - when the band is referred to as ""wow, these guys have really nailed songwriting down to perfection". The next moment you'll get another tempo switch and some sugar-sweet guitars doing scales on the background over pop-punk style harmonious clean vocals, before you'll get to one of the catchiest choruses you'll have heard all year." (http://rockfreaks.net/?page=albumreviews&id=914)

also,

"ice nine kills have made my job easier by releasing one of the best Ep's i have heard in the last couple of years." (http://www.kingbanana.net/kb2/rreviews/review.php?ID=22)

to get back to the point, Scott didn't listen to the whole ablum, in fact, we never sent him one. Scott admits this in his original thread where he said "For the record, I don't think I did bother to listen to more than 20 seconds of their absolutely horrendous, embarrassingly slapped-together screamy bullshit,"

He only back pedals later when he gets bashed by 300+ people on this site and absolutepunk.net for the poor review and learns from Alternative Press that his job is at stake for such an idiotic stunt and not doing his job properly!

Maybe we'll get a Music Editor at AP that listens to the music now! Yay!

ostrichmike, isn't the job of a "music editor" for such an established and wealthy magazine such as Alternative Press to LISTEN to ablum when doing an album review? After giving one of my favorite bands that kind of treatment, I will be sure to never support Alternative Press again. They don't even listen to the bands they review! They fucking stereotype according to their own pathetic presumptions of what it will sound like.

patron, I AGREE completely with what you said if it were the truth, too bad it's not and Scott is a lazy fat fuck that is getting fired for being a slacker. Now he'll have more time at home to lounge around in sweatpants and eat krispy cream donuts while popping zits on his 25 year old unshaven pubic hair beard. Good luck finding a new job fatty.