Lobster Recods Vault - OOP Records

I was Mock Orange's booking agent for a few years (from about 04-07)...if you don't own any records by them...The Record Play is a great place to start -- they really started to come in to their own and Trombino did a great job on this record.

Going backwards, Nines and Sixes (their true debut album) is their "4 Minute Mile", with "The Record Play" being their "Something to Write Home About". The albums (EPs and LPs) after The Record Play are indie rock butter (delicious fatening butter)...think a more technical and less annoying Modest Mouse or a more midwestern Built to Spill.

SRC is great too...order your life away from them!

Lobster Became Oort Records -- http://www.facebook.com/pages/Oort-Records/145513798811715. It kind of relaunched in October and then went quiet again. It's been a long road back for Steve and company since their distro messes of mid 2000s. I suppose you can blame it all on having one very successful Yellowcard release and having a lot of people who wanted to get their hands on it, and things not working out so great in the end.

Kevin Wade was the label manager for a couple of years before the whole thing fell apart.

• 3 weeks later...

Fuck yeah. I bought that CD at one of their shows.

I still listen to that record daily! Other than lifetime they were playing melodic hardcore/pop punk that paved the way for bands like transit and syg. They would have fit in perfectly now

My old band played with these guys and Much the Same several years ago. Both bands were great. Tons of energy for a show during the middle of the week in late fall in Iowa. Man I miss those days....

Anyone that has received the Mock Orange record: Is yours warped and looking really scuffed and scratched up? Mine looks like it was used for years and re-sealed. Not saying anyone did that, of course, just really surprised a new record would look like this. Just glad to have it.

Anyone that has received the Mock Orange record: Is yours warped and looking really scuffed and scratched up? Mine looks like it was used for years and re-sealed. Not saying anyone did that, of course, just really surprised a new record would look like this. Just glad to have it.

Mine looks and sounds great.

I still listen to that record daily! Other than lifetime they were playing melodic hardcore/pop punk that paved the way for bands like transit and syg. They would have fit in perfectly now

My old band played with these guys and Much the Same several years ago. Both bands were great. Tons of energy for a show during the middle of the week in late fall in Iowa. Man I miss those days....

NO SHIT - Much The Same played the Staring Back show I saw. What was your bands name? Did you guys ever come to Chicago?

NO SHIT - Much The Same played the Staring Back show I saw. What was your bands name? Did you guys ever come to Chicago?

Never played Chicago. We were from Iowa and just got lucky enough to play that show. It was tons of fun. My band was called Kagero. We recorded an EP but never ended up releasing anything before we broke up.