Screeching Weasel - First World Manifesto

mclz

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also ordered colored vinyl and recieved the black gatefold. Got an email back stating that there was in fact a mix up in the labeling of boxes. All they can do is refund the difference in price since there aren't any colored LPs left. Sucks...

I wonder how many people ordered a black gatefold and got a colored vinyl...

I also wonder how many people ordered just a black gatefold...

I think it's basically a joke that very stupid people have fallen for. My guess is they had 150 more gatefold sleeves than need for the coloured vinyl, so just threw in black vinyl and listed it as "limited to 150" - and now they're sitting back and watching people on eBay lose their minds.

I just took delivery of my coloured gatefold pre-order. There's nothing stopping me going out and buying a regular copy, swapping the vinyl over and trying to make a killing on eBay. And because of this you can guarantee there's going to be more than the 150 of this "version" out there within the next few months. It just means you'll have a lot of people all over the world with non-gatefold coloured versions. I will probably just keep my coloured gatefold though, as it looks nice and is a decent record.

http://www.spinner.com/2011/03/20/screeching-weasels-ben-weasel-sxsw-2011/?icid=maing|main5|dl10|sec3_ln k3|50909

Anyone see this? Never knew Ben Weasel was such a douchebag. I never really liked them but I liked what I heard from this album. I was going to buy it but I won't be after seeing this.

http://vinylcollective.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=58609