I'm going to attempt to teach abroad!!

So I have been thinking about teaching abroad lately and decided to start applying to international schools all around the world.

I dont have a preference and am willing to go anywhere i can get a position! I graduate this May with my degree to in Early childhood ed (birth-grade 3). I couldnt be more excited.

Do you guys know anyone who has done this, or have any tips for me?

No offense but it sounds like a horrible idea. My wife is a teacher and a friend of hers taught out of the country, and it is a completely different experience. It will give you a bad idea of what teaching will be like in the states. She suggest possibly teach on a military base. Regardless, it's just my opinion, good luck in whatever you decide.

I used to teach English full time in Germany, loved it, best thing I ever did, I would certainly recommend teaching in a different country.

The only advice I would give is that any experience you have or get of teaching will be a huge benefit to you, it's probably better to learn a little bit of the language of the country you end up going to but by no means necessary, you can ususally pick a language up much easier in the country itself anyway.

isb is far from my place but the rental place rate at there is cheaper.

bangkok patana is another famous school. i suggest you try to apply a bilingual school if you really interest to work at here.

hit me a pm if you wanna any more info.

i finished art and design education but i'm a guess lecturer for college students at this moment for a sub job....

My friend teaches in Japan right now and loves it. I think he went through AEON. He had to fly to San Fran a few times for interviews but he got a job before he graduated.

I did some teaching in India but it was only for a few weeks and unpaid. I might go back there or try somewhere in Latin America in the next few years..

One of my best friends is teaching English to school children in South Korea. He's absolutely loving it.

My girlfriend taught the little ones in South Korea for 3 years and absolutley loved every minute of it. I have to hear her go on and on about how she wants to go back just about every day.

So yeah... go for it!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks! I'm so excited, i sent about probably 80+ resumes via email, and as long as i got one interview im pretty happy! Plus Tokyo was one of my top 3 places to go. I've never had a skype interview before (or a real interview for that matter) but I've looked over common interview questions so im hoping it all goes well!

fueledbymike, i'm sorry which i didn't get in touch with you but my junior who working as a art teacher in some int'l school told me she doesn't know any school want a new teahcer for upcoming semester.

anyway, tokyo is awesome. i'm loving many japanese modern building and resident in tokyo a lot. you can add a new hobby as architecture photographer in case you interest.

i shot over 3000 pictures for last 2 trips in tokyo. amazing....

:)